Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xindel

This sux about Accutane

I just been to the derm, for my new prescription on month 5, my acne is a whole lot better, except a few ugly cysts had to hit me a few weeks ago just to mess me up. Anyways, I have very tiny little blackheads in my pores and little white raised bumps that have black points in them and small blackheads on my shoulders and some on my back, that just don't seem to leave. I asked my derm about those and he said accutane can't get rid of those since those are too small...WTF how can't accutane get rid of little stuff like that while it can get rid of the most horrible cysts?

Well, I know at the end of my accutane course, I still had two really clogged pores that would not go away. My doc started me on Tazorac cream .1% and Yasmin BCP right away, and within a few weeks of that regimen, the two tenacious clogged pores cleared out.

You might need a topical retinoid after your 'tane course is over with to get rid of the last few holdouts, as far as the comedonal stuff is concerned.

That doesn't sound like a professional response :))

Well he did also say the smallest blackheads are the hardest to get rid of lol

Well, I know at the end of my accutane course, I still had two really clogged pores that would not go away. My doc started me on Tazorac cream .1% and Yasmin BCP right away, and within a few weeks of that regimen, the two tenacious clogged pores cleared out.

You might need a topical retinoid after your 'tane course is over with to get rid of the last few holdouts, as far as the comedonal stuff is concerned.

Shit I don't want a topical for that, I can let those go they don't bother me but I was just curious. But if I won't get a topical will those go away by itself since I won't be getting new stuff anyway except maybe for the occassional 1 or 2 pimple the way it suppose to be?

I really never ever never ever wanna use all those damn creams on my face again unless unfortunately pray to god I won't but if I really need too!! :evil:

...he said accutane can't get rid of those since those are too small...

were those his exact words or are you paraphrasing?

i ask because if any medically trained professional gave me a response like that i would report him to the national governing body for gross ignorance

were those his exact words or are you paraphrasing?

i ask because if any medically trained professional gave me a response like that i would report him to the national governing body for gross ignorance

Well he said...only some of those little blackeheads accutane will get rid of and raising the dose won't do anything for them, since they are so small, they will go away naturally anyways since new ones shouldn't produce anymore once treatment is completed.

He also said tane is effective in everything including comedones, but the smallest ones are always the hardest to treat with every treatment. I also only remember my blackheads were purging during month 1 and that's it!