Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acnesuxors555

Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Lotion

Ok as my signiture says im using Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Lotion in the morning. Been using it for 4 days, today being the 4th, and its burning pretty bad now... mainly in one area though, the skin underneath my nose above my lip. Is it supposed to do this??

I've never had burning from clindamycin - just shiny skin and some dryness after awhile. ARe you using any other topicals with it?

I've never had burning from clindamycin - just shiny skin and some dryness after awhile. ARe you using any other topicals with it?

Not in the morning, just rinsing with water, then applying the Clinda... Just retin-a at night.

I used the lotion for 10 years...can't see why it would burn. The alchohol based version (without the lotion) is much harsher. Retin-A can cause redness & peeling. It might be that the combination of the 2 is causing it.

Ok as my signiture says im using Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Lotion in the morning. Been using it for 4 days, today being the 4th, and its burning pretty bad now... mainly in one area though, the skin underneath my nose above my lip. Is it supposed to do this??

this happens to me too, in some areas it burn for about 3 hours its really bad, like i wanna scratch the area but i hold back....

im also on tazorac so it might be the whole retinoid skin peeling thing going on

i use it just on my forehead (its in the bingo dabber thingy right?) its does burn sometimes and i've used it for years. when i first put it on for a few seconds it will make my skin pretty pink but that goes away.

you'll get used to it. also if your skin is dry it can sometimes burn. it will pass. not to wrry.

it works great for me. i NEVER *knock on wood* break out on my forehead and since using it i can't even SEE my pores there anymore. i use it several times a day not just once or twice. i find it is a GREAT refresher when you're out especially in the summer if you're worried about the heat and sweating on your face. The forhead is more resisitant than the face tho, i'm not sure about all over...maybe just try the forehead for awhile until you get used to it?

also i noticed you're on accutane..that will make your skin UBER sensitive to anything drying which this product can be. hence probably the burning.

Thanks for replying all. The problem is that it burns all day in that one spot... :( I had to keep an icecube in a paper towel on it until it stoped. It stings a little around the other areas of my face, but not nearly as much. I think I may just stop it and continue using only the retin-a, and accutane obviously too. My face is already starting to get really dry in mornings when I wake up, which is when I put it on, and I dont have a moisturizer yet :( . So I think thats what Ill do, Im sure it wont make a difference on my part if I didnt use it(except for the burning). Thnaks again all. :D

I would bet that you are getting irritation from the combination of the retin-a and the clindamycin. I don't know if I would completely ditch the antibiotic though - it can really help prevent inflammatory breakouts. If you don't think your skin can handle both products, maybe ask your doctor for an oral antibiotic?

I'm using Clindamycin (the solution, not the lotion) and Retin-A, too. The only time it has stung was when I applied a lot. Make sure you are applying very little of both Clindamycin and Retin-A (ESPECIALLY THE RETIN-A).

i use it just on my forehead (its in the bingo dabber thingy right?) its does burn sometimes and i've used it for years. when i first put it on for a few seconds it will make my skin pretty pink but that goes away.

you'll get used to it. also if your skin is dry it can sometimes burn. it will pass. not to wrry.

it works great for me. i NEVER *knock on wood* break out on my forehead and since using it i can't even SEE my pores there anymore. i use it several times a day not just once or twice. i find it is a GREAT refresher when you're out especially in the summer if you're worried about the heat and sweating on your face. The forhead is more resisitant than the face tho, i'm not sure about all over...maybe just try the forehead for awhile until you get used to it?

also i noticed you're on accutane..that will make your skin UBER sensitive to anything drying which this product can be. hence probably the burning.

about that i checked the ingredients its 50% alcohol... doesnt this make you face oily? or isnt it bad for you skin???

Because i was doing the lotion which was rather soothing then on my next refill they gave me the dabber kind with alcohol... i returned it thinking it would make my acne worse... what do you think???

DEFINETELY not oily. the alcohol is a drying action. it DECREASES oil production and nope. not bad for my skin at all.

if you want to see my skin check my gallery. see for yourself.

at first it might be a bit irriating so you may THINK it is making things worse but trust me, all meds have a getting used to time, and you will see results.

seriosuly tho. check my pics. theres one with a closeup of my forehead. its not oily at all. in fact thats the one area i NEVER break out in thanks to this stuff *knock on wood* but its harsh so i wouldn't necessarily recommend it for anywhere near a mucus membrane or areas that are particularily sensitive. the forehead has less cappilaries than the cheecks and chin and thus is easier to treat and can handle more. but it is the area i DREAD breaking out in so i am VERY dilligent in my dalacin use.

i find it super refreshing on hot days, i apply it and i know that i am cooling my skin AND clearing it of any sweat etc.

i like that alot :)