Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luckycharms

Possible Reason for Breakouts?

From this list of ingredients, can anyone pick out an ingredient(s) that could cause irritation or allergic reactions? From what I see, it seems to have many ingreidients that could possibly be unessecary and further aggravate acne? Or they could just be ingredients that are meant to calm and soothe dry, sensitive skin.

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidropropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, PPG-2 Hydroxethyl Cocamide, Polysorbate 20, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Citric Acid, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids (Essential Amino Complex), Sarcosine (Essential Amino Complex), Potassium Aspartate (Essential Amino Complex), Magnesium Aspartate (Essential Amino Complex), Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Coco PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparabn, Xanthan Gum, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide

These are all ingredients in Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser.

For those living in Canada, would you recommend this cleanser, or Spectro Jel Fragrance Free?

Spectro Jel seems to have many less ingredients and I'm in search of a gentle cleanser ... and thinking that possibly less ingredients could also relate to less irritation.

Spectro Jel Ingredients:

butylene glycol, carbomer, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone copolyol, diazolidinyl urea, ethanol, glycerin, hydrated silica, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, polysorbate 20, sorbitan oleate, triethanolamine, purified water.

Thanks!

I have Spectro Jel which I used for many, many months.....it works great......I just went to the USA and bought some Basis Bar Cleanser so Ive been using that, but Spectro Jel is awesome.

It's almost impossible to break out from soap/cleansers. As they can irritate your skin, they are only on your skin for seconds, and doens't really give time to clog pores, unlike moisturizers.

changing your cleanser may or may not stop you from breaking out. there are so many other reasons why you might be breaking out. maybe touching you face is causing acne, maybe your skin to overly dry, maybe your diet is affecting your acne. look past the cleanser, and look for other causes of your breakouts.

i know im going to get a reply saying that diet doesn't affect acne, but from personal experience, my diet does affect my acne.

I just re-read his post and noticed he did not mention anything about breaking out, so my apologies for using that in my answer. Spectro Jel will not aggrivate anything, it's probably the most soothing cleanser I have ever used.