Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikey23

should i quit accutane because of hairloss?

i'm about 3 months in and noticing some thinning in hairline ,its really scaring me so thinking about quiting ,i still got 3 months left and i dont know how much worse its gonna get ,what would be the best thing to do- get off or stay on?hair should start coming back once u get off ,right?

Your decision...Acne or thin hair? Personally i would pick thin hair cause ur a guy so i mean its not AS bad as if u were a girl. U could always wear a hat or something, u cant wear a bag outside to cover pimples. Plus there are better treatments for thin hair then there are for acne. You just have to set ur priorities, would u rather take care of the acne then the hair loss after, or would u rather keep ur hair and keep the acne too.

Depends if you really like your hair. I have a shaved head so wouldn't bother me too much. I shaved my hair for this purpose. I am a bodybuilder and the stuff we take can lead to a little hair loss so before taking anything I shaved my head so I would know just what I would look like. Shave ya head, if you don't like what you see then come of the pills, if you do like it, stay on them and you also have yourself a new more easily managable doo. :clap:

stay on if the acne is scarring. Go off if it's not. If hair is lost it usually grows back so it will be temporary, acne scars however are permanent...unless you wanna spend some big bucks.