Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So Proactiv is going to be my last resort before I try to get Accutane.I go to a dermatologist in a month and I just order a month supply of Proactiv so I hope it will work and I will be able to cancel my appointment.I have had good sucess with BP just never gotten clear.My main issue is oil control.My face is always extremely sweaty and oily gross looking alot and the warm weather isnt helping.If i was my face before I go out to a party or with some friends in about a hour my face is shiny and dirty feeling.How can I control this oil and some my face from having a shine and dirty look.Also when I ordered Proactiv they asked me if I wanted Vitamins and some toners plus the 3 part system but I said no...is it any good? Is 1 month enough time to expect results?

So Proactiv is going to be my last resort before I try to get Accutane.I go to a dermatologist in a month and I just order a month supply of Proactiv so I hope it will work and I will be able to cancel my appointment.I have had good sucess with BP just never gotten clear.My main issue is oil control.My face is always extremely sweaty and oily gross looking alot and the warm weather isnt helping.If i was my face before I go out to a party or with some friends in about a hour my face is shiny and dirty feeling.How can I control this oil and some my face from having a shine and dirty look.Also when I ordered Proactiv they asked me if I wanted Vitamins and some toners plus the 3 part system but I said no...is it any good? Is 1 month enough time to expect results?

proactiv works for some people but for others it doesn't. it didn't work for me, but good luck with it.

proactiv works for some people but for others it doesn't. it didn't work for me, but good luck with it.

Thanks I'll let ya know how it goes.

Proactive is the reason why im on accutane. I had mild acne and ever since i used proactive within a month it went from mild, to moderate, to severe.

This was 2 years ago and im still suffering from the many red marks and scars.

Try tea trea oil. I find it to work better and not dry out ur skin.

Proactiv might help clear up your acne (and that's a pretty big if, I had mild acne that didn't budge on Proactiv for 6 months), but I don't think it will do a thing for your oiliness. If anything, the "repairing lotion" (a 2.5% BP product) might make your skin look more shiny. If you can get accutane and are okay with the possible side effects, I think that will be far the best option since it will clear up your skin for good and shrink your oil glands.

Is 1 month enough time to expect results?

No, you need more like 3.

Proactice is basically the same thing in Dans clear skin regime, BP is only ingrediant in both regimes that will do anything for acne.

I believe in a poll i saw in the BP section in late 2005 confirmed that very very few people get clear within the first 4 weeks.

Personally, i'd give myself a full 3 months on proactive before seeing a derm. Just my opinion.

Proactiv initially helped a bit, but then my acne got a bit worse. I thought it was simply a waste of money because it irritated the skin more than anything (one of the solutions; I think it was an anti-oil production solution or something that was highly acidic). Overall, it didn't help me one bit.

I'm just using Proactiv to hold me over until I see a doctor I don't expect it to clear me up forever.It was a 1 month $19.99 3 step system with a free defineing mask...so it isn't too bad.

it only works for BASIC BASIC pimples...

if you got big acne, dont even waste your $$ on Proactive.

did not work on my asian skin.

it only works for BASIC BASIC pimples...

if you got big acne, dont even waste your $$ on Proactive.

did not work on my asian skin.

it didn't work for this asian lady's daughter at the doctor's office either.

I didn't like the smell of this stuff and it left my skin still breaking out! Also the irritation that I got with this stuff was just too much to bare! I wouldn't recommend this stuff to anyone!

let me know how it goes. I have tried it. Got okay results but after I stopped for a while went back to it, it got WORSE....sooo. I dunno. I guess it depends on the person. I have not found anything to fully work or work at all for me.

I got it today...it doesn't smell and my face feels not too oily or too dry.It is great for someone with mild acne.it's worth 19.99 for 1 month.

I got it today...it doesn't smell and my face feels not too oily or too dry.It is great for someone with mild acne.it's worth 19.99 for 1 month.

But you JUST got it today. How can you make that statement when you don't know how it is going to affect your acne? That's like saying washing your face with warm water was worth the $19.99 per month because it makes your face feel clean and less oily and it doesn't smell. It also makes you feel good and wakes you up. :lol:

, John

But you JUST got it today. How can you make that statement when you don't know how it is going to affect your acne? That's like saying washing your face with warm water was worth the $19.99 per month because it makes your face feel clean and less oily and it doesn't smell. It also makes you feel good and wakes you up. :lol:

, John

yeah I guess but people make it sound like my face is going to turn ot severe acne and explode just my putting proactiv on.

Maybe he got a new and improved fast working proactiv. Just joking. I use it but I just ran out. It works fine for me. I am not too concerned about my acne though. I don't let it control my life.

the 30 day trial bottles look like a joke they are 2oz LOL they are sooo tiny.

Yea I suppose if you were on Dan's regimen that would be a 7 day trial. ;)

I started proactiv about 5 years ago with very mild acne and in the last year and a half it stopped working altogether. I do have friends that swear by it but i work a high stress job and proactiv wasn't cutting it for me anymore. I used to run out of the cleanser (4oz) when I was only halfway through the toner (4oz) and the repairing lotion (2oz). I'm on clyndamycin topical and retin-a micro now.

I don't think it will curse acne but it will maintain it for some time.

Of course, that is with ANY product. Nothing can cure acne. I've said this many times, however. I also think it is relatively common knowledge. :|

i am useing proactiv and it is working for me you the secret is two not use to much of the cleanser and use a dimesize and rub soft and gentle and it will take away the redmarks and pimples in less then a week in you dont touch them and miss with them and also do no use two much of the refining mask cause i learned my lesson when i used two much and had scaly raw ithey skin good luck with proactiv :)

I think proactive was the worst thing I ever spent my money on. It just doesn't make sense to scub with BP, tone with sacylicylic acid (or whatever it's called), and then top it all off with more BP. Save your money and try the CSR if BP works for you.