Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
accent

I switched from claravis to amnesteem, and the treatment stopped working

I'm in month two, and all of a sudden the oil is and clogged pores are back, after switching brands. It's like I'm not even on "accutane". I don't even have to use moisturizer or lip balm anymore, though before I couldn't even step out of the shower without slathering my face. :think: In any case, I know I won't be using amnesteem any longer.

The same thing happened to me but!...it wasn't the brands in the end. First month I was on Amnesteem and I was clearing good, 2nd month I went on Sotret and my acne was getting worse and worse. 3rd month my dose got raised and I went on Amnesteem and started clearing, 4th month was gonna get Amnesteem but got problems with Ipledge and had to go to a pharmacy who doesn't work with Ipledge and they were only giving Sotret so I go it again and I started clearing even more, matter of fact 4th month was my best month yet. Month 5 got sotret again.

So it's not the brands...in other words they are all the same shit!

I'm in month two, and all of a sudden the oil is and clogged pores are back, after switching brands. It's like I'm not even on "accutane". I don't even have to use moisturizer or lip balm anymore, though before I couldn't even step out of the shower without slathering my face. :think: In any case, I know I won't be using amnesteem any longer.

I've never heard of Amnesteem -- is it supposed to be another generic brand of Accutane?

Perhaps the medication is expired? Look for the expiration date on the package -- I'd take it back to the pharmacist, tell him/her the problem and tell them you want another generic brand as this one is worthless.