Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CLouds

Start POUNDING ON THE VITAMIN C AND VITAMIN E

Ok seriously start overdosing on the Vitamin C and Vitamin E if you want to start healing ur skin and getting rid of those redmarks and even acne. I've only been doing this for 6 days and I already have seen a huge improvement in my redmarks. And for me I consider redmarks to be worse than any of the pics I've seen by far. Anyways I've been taking about 4 grams of Vitamin C a day (8x500mg tablets) and 400IU-800IU of Vitamin E a day(1-2 tablets) and I've also been drinking carrot juice everyday (about 2 carrots, great source of Vitamin A).

And to get the most benefit out of these vitamin try to go for the Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids and Vitamin E with d-Alpha tocopherol and d-Gamma tocopherol, not the d-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate, basically don't get the ones that have Acetate in it.

It was hard to find the right Vitamin E Complex but it's worth it. It will most likely be the most expensive Vitamin E u see. I found mine at Walgreens. Anyways this is my advice and u should look up a lot of info on these Vitamins and learn how their great antioxidants and how they promote Collagen building and give ur skin great tone.

If you really want to speed up the results, take your vitamin C with MSM. I'm seeing faster healing with that, but I don't overdose on Vitamin C supplements I just get an abundance of it in my regular diet (lots of fresh fruits / vegetables / lemon juice).

this really does work. ive been chugging down vitamin C tablets throughout the day for about 5 days now and im already seeing great improvement. they taste yummy as well!! i take about 6 grams a day though, obviously when my skin looks good enough im gnna decrease the dose!

plus i eat at least 2 carrots a day which pretty much stops me breaking out (if i dont eat a carrot on one day, then ill break out) weird lol. :whistle:

If you really want to speed up the results, take your vitamin C with MSM. I'm seeing faster healing with that, but I don't overdose on Vitamin C supplements I just get an abundance of it in my regular diet (lots of fresh fruits / vegetables / lemon juice).

Whats MSM?

It's a dietary sulfur supplement, you can find it in any health food store or just in the supplements section of any store usually.

Why Sulfur is Important

It's used in the formation of collagen -- the "lattice" framework the cells fit in. Because of that, it's required in large quantities. It's a "macro mineral", not a trace mineral. (Vitamin C is a "macro vitamin", for the same reason.)

It creates the flexible bonds between cells, instead of the stiff cross-linked bonds.

That means it's good for flexibility and prevents wrinkles.

It's very helpful for arthritis.

It produces strong, healthy nails, hair, and skin.

It promotes healing with flexible tissue. (Otherwise, scar tissue forms, which tears rather than stretches -- the typical cause of reinjury.)

On the surface, wounds heal with healthy skin instead of scar tissue.

Inside, muscles and tendons heal with flexible tissue instead of easily torn scar tissue.

Because recovery from a workout is essentially a building process, MSM users report "no soreness after workouts".

How good is it? They've been giving it to multi-million dollar racehorses for decades to prevent sore legs and promote muscle recovery.

MSM lotion rubbed on the back of the hands relieves carpal tunnel.

MSM is also an antioxidant, and it helps flush toxins.

Because the toxin flushing occurs through the skin via sweat, it's good for the liver. (Reduces strain on the liver, promotes healing.)

Apparently, it "paints" the insides of your stomach and intestines, in such a way that it effectively prevents food allergies.

Sulfur is also a major part of insulin. So MSM improves energy levels.

hi, could i buy these vitan c + e tablets from my local pharmacy and how much are they? and 1 more thing

"plus i eat at least 2 carrots a day"

like do you just pull out a carrot out your cubboard/fridge/whatever, and eat it?

"like do you just pull out a carrot out your cubboard/fridge/whatever, and eat it?"

is there something wrong with that...?

hi, could i buy these vitan c + e tablets from my local pharmacy and how much are they? and 1 more thing

like do you just pull out a carrot out your cubboard/fridge/whatever, and eat it?

I prefer to dice the carrots and snort them up my nose, but that's just me.

I prefer to dice the carrots and snort them up my nose, but that's just me.

I don't think the question deserve that type of response. Some people eat vegatables differently from the next person. Some put em in the blender, some dice some eat it raw no additionals.

To add on to this question: Couldn't you just drink a V8 to get all the basics of the vitamins?

meka, processed juices involve pasteurization or other forms of heat that destroy their benefits to some degree. In the end, the juices sit on store shelves for who know how long so there is further loss of nutrients. The bottom line is fresh is always better than processed.

meka, processed juices involve pasteurization or other forms of heat that destroy their benefits to some degree. In the end, the juices sit on store shelves for who know how long so there is further loss of nutrients. The bottom line is fresh is always better than processed.

Thank you for the response. I was looking at chewtabs as well, Centrum. Any opinions?

im sure most pharmacies would carry these vitamins. I bought mines at Walgreens cuz I found these to be of the best quality. here are the links.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...1&id=prod392317

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...1&id=prod395061

I just peel and blend up two raw carrots and two apples together and drink, I hate the taste of carrot juice but with the apples it makes it taste a lot better. Also when carrots are heated up all the nutritonal value is lost as enzymes are killed at 130 degrees. so its much better raw.

i take 12g vitamin c a day

isnt that going to kill you? ok maybe not, but I really don't see how it can improve red marks. I've been taking 2g everyday for about a year and it hasn't done a thing.

i take 12g vitamin c a day

isnt that going to kill you? ok maybe not, but I really don't see how it can improve red marks. I've been taking 2g everyday for about a year and it hasn't done a thing.

maybe your low dose is the reason for no improvement

Thank you for the response. I was looking at chewtabs as well, Centrum. Any opinions?

"Centrum® Silver® Chewables is the nutritional supplement designed for adults 50+. Centrum® Silver® Chewables is specially adjusted with higher levels+ of certain age essential nutrients like calcium, B vitamins and antioxidants to keep pace with your (adults 50+) changing nutritional needs." :rolleyes:

"Centrum® Silver® Chewables is the nutritional supplement designed for adults 50+. Centrum® Silver® Chewables is specially adjusted with higher levels+ of certain age essential nutrients like calcium, B vitamins and antioxidants to keep pace with your (adults 50+) changing nutritional needs." :rolleyes:

This doesn't state that they wouldn't work on any member less than the age is targetted though.