Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryan22nD

Poo and acne..

ok..

like 5 times now i noticed that if i dont go for a poo, each day my acne will get worse. as soon as i start going for poo regular my acne is like 90% clearer.

im kinda thinking along the lines of that waste is being excreted through my face, so basically im shiting out of my face.. NICE.

also when i get acne im more prone to sweating ( armpits ) when im not doin hard work???

any thoughts?

My first thought is you should come up with a more respectable word to use, such as "defacate" or "eliminating feces" or "take a deuce" or "#2", etc.

Second, of course its related. Toxins leave your body through elimination. If they aren't leaving your body, they are just building up and making acne worse.

My first thought is you should come up with a more respectable word to use, such as "defacate" or "eliminating feces" or "take a deuce" or "#2", etc.

Second, of course its related. Toxins leave your body through elimination. If they aren't leaving your body, they are just building up and making acne worse.

If any one takes offense, sorry in advance. My brain couldnt think of a suitable word at the time i was trying to get my thoughts onto the computer..

Secondly.. my thoughts on acne are not as simple as " of course its related"... some people also take this veiw regarding diet, of changing which did not aid my skin..

How would one go about getting more of these toxins out of the body.. becoming more regular..

also would this link in some way to these liver stones?

Just buy some psyllium husk. It is a soluble fiber that is one of the best, if not the best, ways to stimulate bowel movements. It's cheap too. About 5 bucks for a tub that would last quite a while depending on your usage.

Of course, you can just get more fiber in general which may be enough. Fruits, vegetables and the like.

Poo is an offensive word? hahahahahha. Ooook I could think of a an offensive word for poo but then again I dont want to offend anyone ahahhaha

Drink coffee...

And I think the waste on your face and the waste in your intestines are two different things. But that's my opinion...

I wouldn't recommend coffee. If toxins is the contributing reason for your acne coffee could make it worse. For a healthy system you should be going 2-3 times a day. If not, psyllium fiber could be the solution or a temporary fix. Always find the source then you will be freeeeee.

Lol, he said poo is offensive and he said "drop a deuce". Give me a break dude.

I STRONGLY disagree with any correlation between bowels and acne. As someone who "drops a deuce" 6+ times a day due to an intestinal condition.. if it were true, I'd have the clearest skin in the world.

this thread is grreat...

its suggesting that u power-shit as much as possible to clear your skin.. how rediculous does that sound?!?!

I STRONGLY disagree with any correlation between bowels and acne. As someone who "drops a deuce" 6+ times a day due to an intestinal condition.. if it were true, I'd have the clearest skin in the world.

No kidding. I was the same way when I was a teen. Crapping every few hours didn't keep me from having acne back then.

For me, the two are strongly related. In fact, colonics are the best thing I ever did for my acne. I'm doing them again now, because when I do one a week, I have no acne.

:wall: How does the fact that you have digestive problems and acne prove that the two aren't related? It doesn't matter if you "go" six times a day, you have digestive problems. Regularity is just one aspect of good digestive health. So if anything, your situations helps prove that the bowels and acne are related.

Anyway, my skin cleared up SO much when I became more "regular". First, I used Oxy-Powder for 2 weeks, then I just started eating a high fiber diet. Flax seeds in water really help. Grind up some whole flax seeds so you have a tablespoon of ground flax, mix it into a cup of water... drink that, and then drink 2 more cups of water (do this on an empty stomach, half an hour before a meal).

Drink coffee...

Coffee helps temporarily, and then makes the situation worse in the long-run.

Well, obviously 6+ is on the opposite end of the spectrum. this wouldn't be applicable to you because you have an "intestinal condition" which would indicate an unhealthy digestive system. :wall:

I didn't mean "poo" was offensive, just doesn't sound right. Anyway, toxins in your liver/bowels pass through your blood stream and make acne worse.

The best things to do is eat higher fiber food and antioxidants, such as Wheats, Bran, Brocolli, Prunes, Figs, Pomegranate juice and Green tea.

this thread cracked me up.

Jess, I think what you said is very interesting. It makes a lot of sense to me, and that's something I would've had trouble explaining in words. especially when you said...

"...you pick up on what you're seeking and then tend to ignore evidence to the contrary, not necessarily on purpose but automatically."

I totally agree.

To add, I think when people have sudden break outs, they look for something to blame. And I myself especially am guilty of doing this. I blame some of the most ridiculous things, like my pillow being dirty, when the end of my blanket that touched my feet the previous night is touching my head this night, eating greasy fast-food, not drinking enough water, drinking too much milk, and many other things.

And while it may seem these obsessive behaviors make acne worse to me, there is really no evidence to prove it. There are too many variables in life to take into account. There'd be no way to figure out exactly why.

Guest tired of this shish

Dude, dont be so sensitive...

I think taking a crap everyday helps prevent breakouts. I also use BP as a backup. But since I've changed my diet, my skin has improved dramatically. I make sure to eat 1 apple, almonds, 1 can of V8, flax seed oil caplets and carrots everyday. I think all of these things help provide fiber into my diet and I make sure I go #2 everyday. Before my change of diet, I would probably go #2 like 3 times a week and my acne was really bad.

Just sitting here, depressed, forlorn and blaaa, till I came across your Poo topic... I needed a good laugh, Thank you.. for cracking me up... :lol::lol::lol:POO...hahaaa ...you spelled it wrong..i'ts POOH :lol: ..lol

Now, if you would please excuse me, I feel the urge to take a Big # 3.

To add, I think when people have sudden break outs, they look for something to blame. And I myself especially am guilty of doing this. I blame some of the most ridiculous things, like my pillow being dirty, when the end of my blanket that touched my feet the previous night is touching my head this night, eating greasy fast-food, not drinking enough water, drinking too much milk, and many other things.

And while it may seem these obsessive behaviors make acne worse to me, there is really no evidence to prove it. There are too many variables in life to take into account. There'd be no way to figure out exactly why.

Couldn't have said it any better, myself! :)

This whole site is fraught with anecdotal reports of kids doing something or other (or NOT doing something or other), getting a couple of pimples the next day, and then blaming the pimples on whatever event or activity it was. That can range anywhere from eating a Snickers bar to drinking milk, to NOT drinking enough water, NOT having a bowel movement, etc. I suspect that there's insufficient statistical significance to seriously link those events with the pimples! ;)

Bryan

Just sitting here, depressed, forlorn and blaaa, till I came across your Poo topic... I needed a good laugh, Thank you.. for cracking me up... :lol::lol::lol:POO...hahaaa ...you spelled it wrong..i'ts POOH :lol: ..lol

Now, if you would please excuse me, I feel the urge to take a Big # 3.

its Poo not Pooh :shock: POOOOOOO

whats a number 3??

Carrots, people have reported these have cleared up their acne. Maybe the reaosn for this is related to poo as they are a natural laxative.

Could also be due to their natural beta-carotene content. A 16oz bottle of pure carrot juice (NAKED JUICES) contains 65,550 IU of beta-carotene.