Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jazzfan99

Can aloe be bad for acne??

Is it possible that Aloe can break you out? I bought a shaving cream with aloe in it, for the good effects aloe is supposed to have, but I think my shaving cream might be breaking me out. I have been having major breakouts, until recently, when I stopped using that, and it seemed to clear things up. In fact, I haven't broken out lately while taking some new supplements and eating a little better, until today. I am breaking out all around my mouth, which pisses me off, lol, and can't figure out why for the life of me. I noticed my toothpaste (Jasons natural stuff) has aloe in it too. I hadn't been brushing lately, except for a day or two ago, and now I broke out. Is it possible aloe is causing me to break out? I dunno why else I am only breaking out around my mouth and chin, when everything else seems to be fine. I guess I'll change toothpastes now, and shaving creams (recommendations anyone?), but was just curious if anyone else has broken out from aloe or has ideas for me. Thanks.

No, Aloe is non-comedogenic. It's suppose to be anti-inflammatory and healing. It's probably another chemical in your shaving cream that's causing you to break out.

If it is your shaving cream thats breaking you out, the chances are it is an ingredient other than the aloe that is causing the problem.

Fluoride in toothpaste can irritate the skin and cause breakouts. Unfortunately, it's also great for cavity prevention. Talk to a dentist and see what his/her reccommendations are.

Fluoride in toothpaste can irritate the skin and cause breakouts. Unfortunately, it's also great for cavity prevention. Talk to a dentist and see what his/her reccommendations are.

I dont use aloe! Everyone gives me funny looks when i say it but i dont think i react to it very well either. Everyone said it's impossible to be allergic to it so ive used it at different times in creams and stuff but have never reacted well to it, so i just dont risk it now. Could be a coincedence but i steer clear anyway!

Aloe vera has worked really well with my skin, has given me zero problems.

I am breaking out all around my mouth, which pisses me off, lol, and can't figure out why for the life of me. I noticed my toothpaste (Jasons natural stuff) has aloe in it too. I hadn't been brushing lately, except for a day or two ago, and now I broke out. Is it possible aloe is causing me to break out? I dunno why else I am only breaking out around my mouth and chin, when everything else seems to be fine. I guess I'll change toothpastes now, and shaving creams (recommendations anyone?), but was just curious if anyone else has broken out from aloe or has ideas for me. Thanks.

quickly switch to flavour-and-fluoride-free toothpaste. i've been using VMV Hypoallergenics' Essence Skin-Saving, Simple-Gentle Toothpaste until now after developing huge cysts on my chin.

read this article for more information:

http://www.vmvhypoallergenics.com/askvmv/i...dex_v2&id=6&c=3

hope that helps. :)