Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea1117

need natural looking makeup

problem-

i have a delightful :( variety of pimples, small bumps, blackheads whiteheads, the occasional really deep zit, etc. i dont leave the house w/o makeup; its too painful.

but no matter what i try or how much or little i put on, it ends up cakey/greasy/chunky, flakes, accentuates my humongo pores, and covers the redness but makes the actual bump/texture more noticable.

plus, i have really pale skin thats hard to color-match.

i go to school every day and feel so self-conscious; i know people notice my seemingly heavy (even when it's not) makeup.

im looking for something that looks natural, covers well, lasts, and doesnt exacerbate skin problems.

current regimen-

daily:purpose cleanser, neutrogena sensitive skin oil-free moisture, zithromax, retin-a

occasionally: neutrogena rapid clear gel, neutrogena blackhead elimintating mask

Guest Sincerely_Me

problem-

i have a delightful :( variety of pimples, small bumps, blackheads whiteheads, the occasional really deep zit, etc. i dont leave the house w/o makeup; its too painful.

but no matter what i try or how much or little i put on, it ends up cakey/greasy/chunky, flakes, accentuates my humongo pores, and covers the redness but makes the actual bump/texture more noticable.

i go to school every day and feel so self-conscious; i know people notice my seemingly heavy (even when it's not) makeup.

im looking for something that looks natural, covers well, lasts, and doesnt exacerbate skin problems.

current regimen-

daily:purpose cleanser, neutrogena sensitive skin oil-free moisture, zithromax, retin-a

occasionally: neutrogena rapid clear gel, neutrogena blackhead elimintating mask

I have really pale skin as well and even the lightest shades in some brands are extremely hard to find a color match. However, Neutrogena Skin Clearing make up works well for me, it's none comedogenic, however it has 0.5% SA in it, so there's a chance it'll be drying. I use the shade "blushing ivory", the coverage is pretty good, but it's not like it masks the fact that you have acne. It doesn't make it virtually disappear.

IF you don't mind spending a little extra cash, go here It IS a mineral make-up, but I promise you it doesn't make you look cakey and it doesn't exacerbate skin problems! Honestly, this stuff is the best I've ever used. Even my mother who is 46 years old uses it, and she's got no acne, but I'm sorry, wrinkles...lol. I have mild acne, well, I'm 99% clear now, but I did have mild acne and EVERYTHING made me break out, THIS did not. It looks so natural, and your skin looks SO good. You can even order samples before you buy it, all you pay is shipping and handling. PM me if you want any more information, I'd be glad to help you out, hun.

I used to use Mac Studio Fix which I liked a lot, and it comes in very pale skin tones so it matches well. Right now I am using CoverGirl TruBlend, and it does look powdery but I learned a trick from Bobbi Brown: if you swipe the sponge downwards, pores will not be accentuated. If you swipe it upwards it looks more prominent. Try it yourself. Pretty cool little trick.

I also noticed that when I take showers/exfoliate my makeup doesn't look so prominent. Probably because the skin is a little moisturized from the water, too. Sometimes I'll wear foundation underneath for an even more natural look with powder on top, but that suffocates my skin and I break out more because of it. So right now I'm just using the powder.

problem-

current regimen-

Yeah i'm pretty much pale too. I use Bare Minerals, it's some pretty amazing stuff. It's much better than liquid foundation that clog pores. You can even sleep in it because it's that good yeah huh sure 'nough.

It can be pretty pricey but it's really good.

Try La Roche Posay Toleraine Oil Free Foundation. I found it at Shopper's Drug Mart. It covers really well with a tiny amount and looks completely natural. It hides dry patches and zits. It is completely non comedogenic as well, which is very hard to find. Only downside....$30 a tube.

I use mineral makeup my J Lynne cosmetics. Its 100% natural, pure, no chemicals or preservatives, its just the pure mineral. ToolHead is right, you can sleep in this kind of makeup (although its probably better not to). I was a little nervous about trying it because I thought it would be like a compact powder and not have any coverage but I was SO wrong. Its amazing how it looks on the skin. I dont even use any concealer, I just tip a tiny brush into the mineral foundation and buff it into the spots I need a little extra coverage and it covers better than ANY drugstore concealer Ive EVER used. Its really amazing stuff.

Guest Sincerely_Me

Oh oh oh! New discovery! I went to the drugstore earlier and now Loreal had a mineral make-up called Bare Naturale. I got the Soft Ivory, it looks gorgeous! Keep that brand in mind too!

wow so many choices!

i'll be sure to look into it & update with how it goes

thanks so much everyone :)

problem-

current regimen-

just understand that the look of makeup is all in its application--and realizing that less means more. and expensive makeup DOES make a big difference. in my younger years, i used to walk around with a makeup face too... to do it "correctly" its a huge process...but you'll feel better. I highly reccomend Lancome Photogenic (for more coverage) or Color ID (For lighter color). Have the lady at the desk match your color!!!... lancome also has a t-zone oil controler that does very well for filling in IMPERFECTIONS. Exfoliate, moisturize and tone your skin...put on a "Primer". Let it set in... use a small amount of cover up (very very small) on your troubled areas. Use a FOUNDATION brush (i cant stress that enough) and mix your foundation with a small amount of moisturizer or primer as you apply it. this will make it much thinner, lighter and it will go on smoother. otherwise it looks sooo cakey and thick. you want as much of your natural skin to shine through as possible. blend it very well---take your time and use as little foundation as possible. I know its hard when you want to cover everything, but sometimes its better to hide most imperfections and look natural, then hide all of them and look terrible. There is also "yellow and green" powder which also is great in hiding redness. ONLY WHEN DRY -- use a powder over the foundation and a blush brush to stiffle it in and make it blendmore naturally. sometimes even with the best application... Put blush on to camoflague redness if needed. Visine is and EXCELLENT EXCELLENT way to get rid of redness, especially on pale skin. Also, its not forbidden to use the foundation all the way down your neck to your shoulders... professional makeup artists will do this to insure an even consistant and more natural look. some people stop at their face, and you can see the "mask" of makeup thats not color matched or textured right.

Chanel Double Perfection fluid with SPF 15 is incredible...i have very pale skin and it is incredible stuff which looks really natural! It's non-comedogenic, comes in a wide variety of shades, controls oil and lasts all day. Best by far!

i dont know much about mineral makeup, but thinking of getting some to try, after hearing the

info on here about them.

ne ways a great concealer i found and swore by when i needed it was a product from Lancome.

Now its expensive too about $60.00 where im from and its only a little tube, but it goes a long way.

its one of those concealers where you put some on top of your hand, and pat with fingers ( to

warm up the product) b4 dabbing

onto your blemishes, it's really in the way you apply it.

i'd forget about some of the cheap stuff.