Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alisonjs122

HOW TO DEAL W/ THE INITIAL BREAKOUT?!

Hi everyone, I just started low dose accutane and am experiencing an initial breakout.

The pimples are small, and my skin is dry overall so I'm looking for the gentlest possible treatment. I was thinking Neutrogena's Rapid Clear Lotion- has anyone used this to help clear out clogged pores? Also, if you have any other suggesstions, please feel free to post them. Thanks!

Just use a lotion reccommended within the regimen to clear it up. Accutane does its job, you just have to wait out the IB.

Like I said in another post, I think the key to avoiding initial breakouts is to drink plenty of water, washing well (exfoliate dead skin) and moisturizing at night. I drink atleast 12 glasses of water a day and noticed that when I don't (only 6 glasses of water a day), my skin gets really red and I have breakouts.

wear a bag over your head...

the way i look at it, my acne couldnt have gotten much worse... so, just think of it as normal... it probably is, you just think you shouldnt be having it b/c of accutane...

just think... in 4 months, you will not be worrying about that, but whether you took too many ibuprofens for your joints!:)

no really, it is nothing to worry about. just wash your face normally, and whatever you do, dont use clearasil... it makes it worse...... alot!!!

-nathanwj