Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willow569

cyst or large inflammed pimple?

Hi -

I rarely get cysts (I'm not even sure if what I have always thought of as an acne cyst is actually a cyst or just a large papule or pustule). The only place I get inflammed acne is on my chin - usually pre-menstrual and it doesn't happen every month, and I usually only get 1-2. I started using Differin about a month ago and its clearing everything great except my chin area. I'm getting more inflammatory spots here now. There is one that I don't know if it is a cyst or not. I've had it for about 2 days. It is medium size (about 1-2 mm), no head that I can see, and is dark red in color. It hasn't changed at all in the last day (doesn't seem to be coming to a head or anything). I don't want to keep using the Differin if its going to lead to cystic acne on my chin. Can anyone tell me what a cyst looks like and if what I described sounds like one? I'm not sure I know. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I do know medications take time - I have just read stories about Differin making people's acne worse sometimes, even after the 8-12 wk treatment period. I am also on an antibiotic, which I thought was supposed to help reduce inflammation. I don't know...