Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
martin06

Accutane. Your opinion - my situation.

OK here's the deal:

I've 11 days left of my 70mg/daily four month Accutane course.

I've had around 2 actives in the last 10-12 days.

My face is very badly scarred / marked. Lots of red marks.

Accutane has definitely improved my skin with regards to oil supply and active spots, but it is very obvious I still have bad skin.

My question is this: do you think the Derm will put me on another month or two of Accutane, or will the scars/marks fade better while not on the drug?

To be honest I'm quite scared that if I come off it, my acne will come back and I'll have to go through the whole horrible ordeal again. I'm not confident of Accutane preventing outbreaks in the not so distant future (my skin doesn't look good, and I wish I could show you but I haven't got a camera)

:)

you should maybe do 1 more month because usually people go on accutane for at least 5 months. Accutane is not going to help the scars or red marks but once you stop taking it.. your skin will thicken up and youll see a dramatic improvement in the looks of it. But it will take time for them to fully disappear, so be patient. :cool:

My question is this: do you think the Derm will put me on another month or two of Accutane, or will the scars/marks fade better while not on the drug?

To be honest I'm quite scared that if I come off it, my acne will come back and I'll have to go through the whole horrible ordeal again. I'm not confident of Accutane preventing outbreaks in the not so distant future (my skin doesn't look good, and I wish I could show you but I haven't got a camera)

:)

Depends, you could always ask your derm to do that since the usual course is 6 months, if your that unsure of it do a complete complete course to make sure the acne is in remission for a while/lifetime eor whatnot

I'm 4 months post tane and have had no significant breakouts like before

How long were you on Accutane?

Incidently, I'm on 'Roaccutane' (British) and it seems more common here for people to only do four months :S

It will be interesting to see what my Derm says.

And thanks, Jen :)