Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello i want a clean shave and i hate electric shavors cause they suck and the good ones are really expensive, and a normal razor will cut the shit out of all my pimples ... idk what to do

I have a small goatee that I keep trimmed nicely everyday with an electric razor. The goatee is about 3-4 days worth of stubble. It covers old red marks and does not show new pimples in that area. All other areas I shave with my electric razor and use the regimen on my skin. Hope this helps.

i use the gilette sensor excel razor and it is surprizingly gentle. if you use a good non-comedogenic shave gel (neutrogena, aveeno...) then you won't cut your pimples, most of the time. give it a try.

i wet my face nicely with warm water to get my face ready for the shave (mainly i shave after a shower)

then il get a thick lather from my cleansing bar and apply it as if it were shaving foam

then

with a fresh bladed razor.

i start at my side burns an shave downwards

slowly making my way closer to centre of face, rinsing razor after each time i do a *downwards stroke*

then after my face is shaven

i rinse the razor in the water

an wash face with cleanser totally all over again

an POW

Done

i wet my face nicely with warm water to get my face ready for the shave (mainly i shave after a shower)

then il get a thick lather from my cleansing bar and apply it as if it were shaving foam

then

with a fresh bladed razor.

i start at my side burns an shave downwards

slowly making my way closer to centre of face, rinsing razor after each time i do a *downwards stroke*

then after my face is shaven

i rinse the razor in the water

an wash face with cleanser totally all over again

an POW

Done

Ok..But what to do when you got active pimples ? - Just skip that area ?

I'm sure zeppyrkr knows how to shave but he got a problem with active pimples.

i shave over them lightly if they're in an area where i have hair growing. actually 90% of my pimples show up right below my lower lip in the only area of my face where facial hair hasnt started coming in properly yet. for the few i get outside that area i just dont shave for a few days to avoid irritating them then shave very gently and not too close.

I have a $10 razor I got at walgreens that leaves zero stubble and works great. I'll post the brand and name when I can check it.

when i have active pimples, i do exactly what dami3n said; shave over them lightly. sometimes it does pop them, but using a good shave gel and making sure that you shave AFTER your shower will help.

if you leave the shave gel on your face for a minute or two before you shave, it your shave tends to be smoother. and don't go over the same spot twice.