Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simply_Me

ULTIMATE SCARS HEALING DIET!!!!

ok guys, lets just share our input from researches and experiences on what food is the best for stimulating your body to heal its wounds, like facial scars for example, this too is a holistic health view list...

i will start with sushi, i love this stuff, i think it helps a lot with your body healing. i'm a little confuse about crawfish but i heard that its good for your skin too! i just want to begin changing my diet to eat nothing but food that will help increase my body's ability to heal my scars by producing collagen? let me know what you guys think.

Vitamin C and E are antioxidants which means it neutralises free radicals in the skin. If these free radicals are not counteracted, our skin's components will be destroyed; degradation of lipids, proteins, collagen and elastin fibres. Vitamin C also stimulates collagen growth and it is anti-inflammatory. However, vitamin C in food is destroyed in cooking in high temperatures and light, so I tend to take tablets.

I also drink LOADS of green and white tea (decaf) which also has antioxidants and has helped to rejuvinate my skin!

Guest tired of this shish

Alpha Lipoic Acid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zinc - helps healing by stimulating the immune system

MSM and glucosamine - help create collagen

PROTEIN - essential for collagen production

Unless your scars are fresh and still healing, it won't matter unless you get in there and re-wound yourself. Rossignol posted a thread with a supplement regime to take before and after surgery. If you find foods that are high in all of the listed nutrients he mentions, I'll sure that'll make a good compliment to some revision procedure.

I want to add, though, that the most important things are simply that you eat enough, drink plenty of water, sleep well and at regular times, and stay out of the sun while healing. That and just generally be gentle with your skin and don't do anything to disrupt the healing process.

Unless your scars are fresh and still healing, it won't matter unless you get in there and re-wound yourself. Rossignol posted a thread with a supplement regime to take before and after surgery. If you find foods that are high in all of the listed nutrients he mentions, I'll sure that'll make a good compliment to some revision procedure.

I want to add, though, that the most important things are simply that you eat enough, drink plenty of water, sleep well and at regular times, and stay out of the sun while healing. That and just generally be gentle with your skin and don't do anything to disrupt the healing process.

i plan to quit smoking pot in september because that's when i can begin my scars revision because of my post accutane skin. i know smoking cost free radical, so i gues onion would be good. i appreciate everyone's response in this thread. i been having yogurt lately, the red raspery one, i read that eating it will help your skin overall. but keep replying to the thread fresh with your ideas on food, everything seems.

i think i'm going to post a new shopping list for mom soon, hehe.

zinc - helps healing by stimulating the immune system

MSM and glucosamine - help create collagen

PROTEIN - essential for collagen production

MSM???? glucosamine??? lol, could you like elaborate more on this. also the alpha lipiodic acid good to puto n your skin if you have sensitive dry skin??

also when i said post food, i really meant a certain food in particular (i.e. broccoli), not a nutritious ingredient. hehe but overall very good though anyways.

MSM and glucosamine are sulfur supplements that makes up a large component of the body (hair skin nailsetc.) It's thought sulfur can't help produce collagen to plump up scars. Of course, www.google.com is a good resource for more info.

Also, alpha lipoic acid is a supplement that you ingest, another sulfur supplement and strong anti-oxidant. Many people have found ALA to help with their skin.