Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just realized that I might be calling what I have scars when they might be mostly hyperpigmentation. If that's the case, then I just might have to go down a completely different path with treatments.

I hope you guys can see the picture I included.

So, would you call what I have scarring or hyperpigmentation or even a whole other story?

Maybe if someone has something similar on their face, I can get a really worthwhile opinion on where the hell to go from here!!!

post-15886-1148711046_thumb.jpg

post-15886-1148711046_thumb.jpg

I see some hyperpigmentation as well as some shallow rolling scars and some icepicks. Honestly, I see all 3... but be thankful it's not that bad...

You have hyperpigmentation and shallow scarring from what I see.

I heard Green Cream was a good retinoid for hyperpigmentation and for collagen boosting as well. You might want to look that up.

Yeah I would use a retina cream like Tazorac... it would help even out your skin tone for sure.

My derm puts pretty much all his acne/acne scarring patients on Tazorac. It's not an immediate change, but after 6 months to a year you can really notice positive benefits.

Chemical peels might help even out the skin tone. If skin tone is your biggest concern right now, you might even think about microdermabrasion. I don't care what people say about it, it can really help even out skin tone.

thanks for everyone's input...

i've been using tazorac and it only helps with pimples...doesn't prevent...just kills them off...but, yeah, no luck with scarring or anything...

i think a chemical peel might do it for me...cause every time i do the laser thing (smoothbeam), i break out aaaaaaaaaaaand i see no results. it's so damn frustrating and i wish these dermatologists knew what they were doing more!

green cream...i'll look into that.

anyone with scars and such actually tried peels with success?

You don't need to do Chemical peels. I don't think your skin is that bad. You can try Torzac or Apeel.

I think lot of people are having sucess with that. I haven't tried Torzac yet but I might in the future. Good Luck