Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ethan

Arg Support Needed lol

Hey guys and girls~...... first time poster here lol....... anyway started the regime about a month ago... and i have had a lotof dry skin, which has mostly been on my neck and just to the sides of my mouth. Its very extreme. Anyway the thing thats really bad! is that yeh a month has passed and my skin is still bad, i have uploaded a picture of what its like at the moment. I really wanted to quit it today because it hasnt seemed to help at all and its majorly drying my skin :( .. I havent had acne this bad before and I work in retail and it sucks so bad!... i actually got a referal to a dermatologist yesterday but the waiting list is about 3 months!... anyway have any tips or help or have been through the same sorta thing

im using 1. Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar

2. Dans BP Gel (about a third of a finger, twice a day)

3. Neutragena Oil Free Sensative Skin Moisture

(those 3 steps night and day)

Thanks for any help or support

post-41508-1148710309_thumb.jpg

post-41508-1148710309_thumb.jpg

i would hang in there man.

its hard i know but it does pay off

the thing is i would maybe consider changing moisturiser

my skin was dry yea. but my moisturiser sorted that out when i needed it to

dry skin = more acne

your skins gotta stay stable otherwise its classed as irritation an that causes acne.

change of moisturiser maybe?

Dryness is to be expected at the start of the regimen. I was horribly dry at the start and stayed this way for little over a month but it got so much better as time went on. Also some people can even take up to 4 months to start seeing results so I would stick with it until atleast for months until you decide whether it is really not woking for you or not :)

you have to hang in there and be patient. after my first month on the regimen, i didnt really look different than when i started and some spots were worse. but i just finished my second month, and i really improved. you just have to keep doing the regimen exactly how youre supposed to every time, every day, and you should see results soon.

Just make sure you're doing everything right. Watch the videos. they helped me a bunch. http://acne.org/video.html

Even though you are dry, you maybe should consider using a higher dosage, not too much more, and gradually, but only if you feel comfortable in doing so. It's up to you. Eventually, it will work. :)

Just make sure you're doing everything right. Watch the videos. they helped me a bunch. http://acne.org/video.html

Even though you are dry, you maybe should consider using a higher dosage, not too much more, and gradually, but only if you feel comfortable in doing so. It's up to you. Eventually, it will work. :)

DONT start using more

if your skin is dry it means you started TOO FAST

not that you need more......... :naughty::naughty:

u can start as SLOW as you want when it comes to bp

its always working even if its just a little.....

and working up is the key to preventing initial breakouts.

Just stick with it. I was very dry when I first started but after using BP for about 2.5 months it seemed one night I just got clear, overnight. BP works its magic you just have to give it time and never give up.

Hi Ethan!

Read here first of all and you'll notice that one month in you can still be experiencing breakouts.

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

the thing with the Regimen is that it is the generous amount of bp that will clear the skin, but I understand you are super dry and flaky right now.

You might consider using a liquid cleanser rather than that bar, as in general liquids tend to be less-drying than bars, that might help with dryness a bit. As for moisturizers, you might also try something else.

You are a month in so you might consider looking for a moisturizer with a bit of AHA in it (lactic acid or glycolic acid). This is where the discontinuation of the Eucerin Skin Renewal lotion really makes me mad! lol. Because for most people it took care of the dryness and flakes!! You might consider using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. It is a pretty strong AHA lotion so I recommend only using it once a day, every other day to see how your skin would handle it. Just alternate with a normal oil-free moisturizer.

See if switching to a liquid cleanser such as Purpose gentle wash, and adding in a moisturizer with a bit of AHA might help with the flakes and dryness.

Let us know if you decide to try out any of these recommendations and how it works out for you.

And do hang in there, you are still early in the Regimen. For some the good results don't come until around month 3.

DONT start using more

if your skin is dry it means you started TOO FAST

not that you need more......... :naughty::naughty:

u can start as SLOW as you want when it comes to bp

its always working even if its just a little.....

and working up is the key to preventing initial breakouts.

Yea he's right! Don't listen to what I said. :doh: I'm too much of a neophyte myself to start giving advice. All I can say is just be patient, it must work!

It really sucks that Eucerin Skin Renewal moisturizer isn't still around because that would help immensely with your dryness issue. Since you've been on the regimen for a month you might want to consider Neutrogena Healthy Skin with AHA though. It will moisturize a ton better than the one you're using.

Also, let's look at the bright side of your derm appointment being 3 months away. That way you can give the regimen the 3 months of strict adherence that it requires, especially for people with more severe acne like yours.

Lookin' forward to following along with your progress.

Thanks a lot for all the help! I was afraid that my call for help would go un answered. Unfortunetly living in Australia, it has its very few down sides... one being I have to bloody order lots of stuffs from the stats because we dont have a lot of the products that you guys have. Today is a little better, just waiting for these acne scabs to clear up. It has been SO SO SO hard not to pick at them, and I must admit i have a few times. Anyway thanks again for the tips :) ... and I will try hunt down this Neutrogena Healthy Skin with AHA product... will keep you posted