Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest runnerB

talking to friends about acne

Guest runnerB

i'd think this wuold get a higher amount from girls than guys but: do you talk to your friends about your acne and how it makes you feel? for me it's really hard just because most of my friends don't really have acne, or just have mild acne. i can really only talk to one, my best friend, about it. how about you guys?

My friend once said, and I quote

"I would be embarresed to moisturize my face"

You cant talk to people woh think this way.

i'd think this wuold get a higher amount from girls than guys but: do you talk to your friends about your acne and how it makes you feel? for me it's really hard just because most of my friends don't really have acne, or just have mild acne. i can really only talk to one, my best friend, about it. how about you guys?

Personally I don't because it's a painful subject to talk about out loud...and they can't relate.

Very true. They cant relate.

My friends like "Look how good my skin is... all you really have to doo is wash your face with this (shows me a bottle of SA)."

I JUST started to talk about it with a couple of my close friends, and I'm 21 and I've been dealing with this since I was a adolescent! honestly it's way more therapeutic to come here and talk, because my friends have no idea what it's like.... I know they feel bad for me, but I think they also think I'm silly for not wanting to leave the house...! :redface: ti's also just really akward. their skin is perfect. I get so much anxiety from acne, they have abolutely no idea. I can only talk so much in depth with them because they won't get it. It sucks. but at least there is the internet!

No I can't talk to my friends about it, they all have perfect skin and just don't understand. There's a few of them that try to make the effort but then they'll stuff it all up by bitching about how bad their skin is, pointing out someone with skin just a little bit better then mine and remarking on how bad it is or they try and offer me advice about what I should/shouldn't be doing. It makes me feel awkward.

its very hard to talk to a friend about acne if your a guy (in my opinion)

they think your not "manning it up" or somethin an say things like

"who cares man"

i gues they dont understand is the bottom line.

on here is much betteeer

yeah my friends cant really understand either. I tried explaining why i was on new pills after my antibiotics stopped working and one friend said"well cant you just go back on them?ur face never used to look like that" , u cant blame them tho, they dont understand because they've never experienced it.

Guest ihatespots

i can talk to my friends about it for a while then they get bored.they also have NO IDEA what im talking about whatsoever :( but theyre good,and help me out alot

eh no friends to talk to but i wouldn't ever do it b/c it be tooo akward and well how is it really that comforting... i think dealing w/ it just with my family is the best

Guest ihatespots

thats good for u dude.i cant talk to my family about it even though two of them had worse acne than me :confused: .its friends or nothin for me

My friends are great and all that, but they have clear skin and when they have ONE spot on their face, they are like "OMG I HAVE SUCH BAD ACNE" and I feel extremely uncomfortable when they say that because I have worse acne than them. I think they are very unconsiderate when they say that :( I feel like I should hide my face in shame.

Guest ihatespots

that is very inconsiderate.my mate done that once,i was really upset about my horrible acne and she was all 'yea! well...i woke up the other day and had this on my face (points to this dot of a spot) i was gonna ring you and ask for advice coz you have experience in this field' :eh: eh tosser

i dont mind unless someone actually TALKS about acne

coz they sorta look at me and i feel very uncomfortable to comment in anyway because they wil be judging me on my acne etc

I find it really hard to talk about it, no because Im not open about it its over ppl. Also cus I'd most likely to take offensive off something someone said. I tried to speak to one of my best mates about it, (she also has acne) and it went soooooo bad. I gave up there.

My friend once said, and I quote

"I would be embarresed to moisturize my face"

You cant talk to people woh think this way.

That is true though... I have acne and it's embarrasing to put moisturizers, anti-acne creams etc on my face.

I don't have many friends. But the few I have know that I'm on this site regularly. They don't seem to think I have as much acne as I think I do (that old 'we are our own worst critics' thing), but they don't mind listening to me talk about it.

I have talked to my friends about acne. They *try* to understand..but none of them have/have had acne so they really can't relate. They're all so sweet tho..and I appreciate their kind words when I'm feeling down.

I have talked to my friends about acne. They *try* to understand..but none of them have/have had acne so they really can't relate. They're all so sweet tho..and I appreciate their kind words when I'm feeling down.

Donkey where u been? :wub:

I talk to my friends all the time about acne, and they barely ever get zits..

but its cool because they used to be kind of unintentionally rude about it (hard to explain), but now they've gotten more supportive and actually listen to me complain about my skin, and are cool about it. They'll be like "ohh, mandy don't worry about it, lots of teenagers get zits.. it doesn't even look that bad, I would have never noticed if you wouldn't have pointed it out", etc. In fact, yesterday I just brought my guy friend (who has the most perfect skin ever) to the store yesterday to buy some neutrogena on the spot, and he was super cool about it and didn't think anything of it

Well my friend was saying to me, man if u want those girls (we where at wonderland) You gotta get that acne off man, then hes like, my doctor gave me this medicine and made all my pimples go away. (I hadnt seen him in 7 months so i never knew he had acne) Well, I really didnt mind since hes my best friend and i told him i was taking this "medicine" (accutane) and that my acne would be gone in 2 months.

I've always tried to make a joke about my acne with my friends, but I've never actually told them how I FELT about having it. Or one time when I said how much I hated my skin, my friend suggested that I wash my face every night. People without acne are so clueless. :rolleyes: