Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnesuperego

3rd course accutane anyone?

so I've already got the scrip from my derm for a 3rd course of accutane. She suggested accutane because I'm getting new scarring. I always get scarring on and off accutane. I've been using adapalene for about 20wks now. Its worked to tame my acne, but recently I've been getting bad flair ups.

so, is there anyone that has done more than 2 courses of tane here? What were your experiences? Did your dosages change? Would you do it again? IB? Is it better the third time round?

Ya, i'm 45 days into my third course now :-(

My first course was brutal but it worked. My second course was SO easy and with mild-moderate acne. It worked again. After 10 yrs the flare-ups were just too much for me to handle any more so I decided on another course. I only wish I didn't wait so long. This course is a little different. Had a fairly significant IB and still recovering from that. Side effects not bad. The dosage was the same for courses 1 and 2. This one, I started at half (40mg) and now up to 60mg. Might move to 80.

wow! 10 years before another mad flair up? You're lucky.

my first course worked well, 2nd course not as effective, and 3rd.....?

For some reason my acne comes back in full force almost exactly 1yr I take my first tane pill....so far its 3 years in a row for me.

i had 3 courses of roaccutane in 5 years.

had 2nd course a mth after 2nd as had relapse,derm decided he may of taking me off to quick. that was 2 years gao,had 3rd course last year december and have been clear so far.

my dosage was same each time,built up from 20-60 mg.

i dont regret it ....any of it.

i had 3 courses of roaccutane in 5 years.

had 2nd course a mth after 2nd as had relapse,derm decided he may of taking me off to quick. that was 2 years gao,had 3rd course last year december and have been clear so far.

my dosage was same each time,built up from 20-60 mg.

i dont regret it ....any of it.

pretty low dose. that might explain the relapses

wow! 10 years before another mad flair up? You're lucky.

my first course worked well, 2nd course not as effective, and 3rd.....?

For some reason my acne comes back in full force almost exactly 1yr I take my first tane pill....so far its 3 years in a row for me.

It was was 3-4 years between courses 1 and 2, and 10 yrs between courses 2 and 3. If its coming back after one year, I would suggest a higher cumulative dose for sure.... stay on it longer. What was your dosage and length of time?

Depending on your body weight, that doesn't seem like a lot. I'd go for a bigger stick this time... but that's just me.

i heard acne is suppose to be gone forever after 1 course isnt it? whats with this multi course ?

For a lot of people it does go away forever and for others it only lasts for a year. All depends on the individual.

I am taking accutane for the third time. The first two times were 60mgs. a day for 5 months and I took my second round in less than a year after the first. My acne was better each time I took accutane.

My first time was really rough with getting used to the side effects with dryness, muscle pains and nose bleeds. The second time was not so bad. The second time I took it, I was still having blackheads, cysts and postules, and nodules but not like before. It was a lot less.

For this third round, I am taking 40mgs. a day for 6 to 8 months. I had mainly nodules which just wouldn't go away when I started taking accutane. I should have started this round 3, two years after the last one but I couldn't get a derm to put me on it. I am only in my second month, but my skin has already cleared up significantly. It has been much much better for me this time around and this has been the only thing to work on my skin. I love this stuff and if I had to, I would do it all again.

For some people it takes more than one round, nothing is set in stone.