Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave Suave

BP and oily skin

I use benzol peroxide on and off and I do usually notice an improvement when I use it, but my face is currently worse than it was before I started using it again (last week). The problem is that it irritates my face after the first few days and causes it to get oily and breakout. Maybe I need to be more consistant. I use Spectro gel to wash my face and I like the fact that its not drying. I suffered from dry skin in the past and it usually led to my body producing oil to compensate so the end result is always oily skin which is no good. I wish I knew for sure why my face suddenly produces more oil. It really seems to be related to a reaction to benzol peroxide. I can practically feel the oil on my face brought on by slight irritation. I'm not even using a moisturizer. Perhaps I should again. I don't know. The last time I saw my dermatoligist, he recommended alternating with BP and Tazorac. It worked out ok, but again I wasn't consistant. I think I may return to that routine because I find Tazorac more comfortable than using BP every day.

I use benzol peroxide on and off and I do usually notice an improvement when I use it, but my face is currently worse than it was before I started using it again (last week). The problem is that it irritates my face after the first few days and causes it to get oily and breakout. Maybe I need to be more consistant. I use Spectro gel to wash my face and I like the fact that its not drying. I suffered from dry skin in the past and it usually led to my body producing oil to compensate so the end result is always oily skin which is no good. I wish I knew for sure why my face suddenly produces more oil. It really seems to be related to a reaction to benzol peroxide. I can practically feel the oil on my face brought on by slight irritation. I'm not even using a moisturizer. Perhaps I should again. I don't know. The last time I saw my dermatoligist, he recommended alternating with BP and Tazorac. It worked out ok, but again I wasn't consistant. I think I may return to that routine because I find Tazorac more comfortable than using BP every day.

You will never know what works or doesn't work for you if you are not consistant!

Hmm interesting, but you need to stick to the same routine for a couple of weeks to see what effect it has on you. If those don't work out I would recommend benzaclin. I have oily skin as well, I have been using this stuff for a couple of weeks and I've only gotten one pimple since using it and it's very small. So just hang in there as there is something out there that is gonna help you.

Dave, I always have the same problem as you. I use BP and it works great for a few days, then my face dries up so bad that the acne gets worse! And this even happens when I use an oil-free moisturizer with the BP.

I have fixed this problem by only using BP in the morning and at night using a retinol product like tazorac or green cream. This really seems to work!