Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
little star

ipl or vbeam?

I have another derm appt next week and i'll be deciding whether to get v beam or ipl for facial redness. Which one is better? Anyone have both?

And will vbeam still work if i ask them not to bruise me?

speaking from my own experiance with vbeam I would say that it wouldnt work without bruising, some agree, some disagree. I am currently being treated for acne marks but also overal redness (I have a generally reddish tone, flush easily) However, he treated the reddish without bruising and some of the marks, of which I saw absolutely no results (1 treatment so far, next one is fri) I have no experiance whatsoever with ipl, but, I feel the best responses to this question would come strictly from a doc looking at your specific skin. In any event, I will post more after the next treatment which should be accompanied by extensive bruising. Hope this helps and everything works out, anything I can do, happy to help

Thanks for repyling. I have an overall red complexion too. My dr said that v beam would be better than ipl, so i'll try that one first. How is the bruising anyway? I get it on Tuesday and have to be back to work on Friday. Is it still really bad and noticeable 2 days later?

speaking from my own experiance with vbeam I would say that it wouldnt work without bruising, some agree, some disagree. I am currently being treated for acne marks but also overal redness (I have a generally reddish tone, flush easily) However, he treated the reddish without bruising and some of the marks, of which I saw absolutely no results (1 treatment so far, next one is fri) I have no experiance whatsoever with ipl, but, I feel the best responses to this question would come strictly from a doc looking at your specific skin. In any event, I will post more after the next treatment which should be accompanied by extensive bruising. Hope this helps and everything works out, anything I can do, happy to help

the bruising is pretty bad to be honest. 2 days later it will certainly still be noticeable, but I suggest using some creams, my doc gave me a sample of auriderm (can purchase it overseas) which worked pretty. You will almost certainly need makeup failry heavily by Friday, im assuming your a girl, so it shouldnt be too difficult (as a guy it sucks). Anyways, I really hope you see results, Ive been anxiously waiting for 3 wks since my last treatment till I get to go again next friday now that I know how I will respond to the bruising and praying that this next treatment will yield the results im looking for. Good luck.

I have had 3 treatments of IPL for facial local redness on my cheeks and nose, which gave me a "mask" type redness across my face, leaving everything else white... I must say that IPL is extremely effective. I am extremely greatful for it. If you would like more info, I would be happy to go into further detail.

I've read that the newest v beam machines don't cause bruising. And i'm hoping my dr's office got that new one because they say just bought theirs a few months ago. I'm going to ask her not to bruise me too bad. When you talk about bruising, do you mean bruising as in skin color changes or swelling??

I hope you'll post your results.

the bruising is pretty bad to be honest. 2 days later it will certainly still be noticeable, but I suggest using some creams, my doc gave me a sample of auriderm (can purchase it overseas) which worked pretty. You will almost certainly need makeup failry heavily by Friday, im assuming your a girl, so it shouldnt be too difficult (as a guy it sucks). Anyways, I really hope you see results, Ive been anxiously waiting for 3 wks since my last treatment till I get to go again next friday now that I know how I will respond to the bruising and praying that this next treatment will yield the results im looking for. Good luck.

I have had 3 treatments of IPL for facial local redness on my cheeks and nose, which gave me a "mask" type redness across my face, leaving everything else white... I must say that IPL is extremely effective. I am extremely greatful for it. If you would like more info, I would be happy to go into further detail.

Please let me know more. Like i wrote i don't know which one to get. How far apart were your treatments and is the redness totally gone? also, i've read that ipl will make your pores smaller and texture smoother. Did that happen to you??