Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I am dark skinned and have have mostly brown-dark brown PIH. I have tried numerous light PCA peels and microdermbrasion treatments (i think about 5 of each), but the dark tone and spots still persists on my face. These spots and PIH have accumulated over time, and I am thinking I would need something deeper to treat them. I have heard of Omnilux Blue and Red treatments, and I am specifically interested in Omnilux Red. At my consultation, the doctor said using red light will help improve pigmentation, however I am not sure if it will give me the same results as microdermabrasion, since that did not work. Has anyone tried it, or suggests a better option for me? Thanks.

Hi, I am dark skinned and have have mostly brown-dark brown PIH. I have tried numerous light PCA peels and microdermbrasion treatments (i think about 5 of each), but the dark tone and spots still persists on my face. These spots and PIH have accumulated over time, and I am thinking I would need something deeper to treat them. I have heard of Omnilux Blue and Red treatments, and I am specifically interested in Omnilux Red. At my consultation, the doctor said using red light will help improve pigmentation, however I am not sure if it will give me the same results as microdermabrasion, since that did not work. Has anyone tried it, or suggests a better option for me? Thanks.

any help?

Are you considering red light with Levulon or without? I'd like my daughter to do this perhaps this week to help even out her skin tone. She's graduating high school in a couple of weeks and I thought this might help her skin look a bit more even. I wonder if it works that quickly to see some improvement.

Biomedic peels helped her quite a bit at one time BTW. She is dark skinned also.

I have brown skin. I'm getting the omnilux revive- blue and red 2 weeks from down. There no side effects and it's very effective. And it's cheap compared to other treatments. Mine cost $400 for 8 sessions.

without.

Wow that is pretty cheap. I live in Toronto, and the only place I can get it, is for 6 for $648. Where are you getting your sessions done?

I have brown skin. I'm getting the omnilux revive- blue and red 2 weeks from down. There no side effects and it's very effective. And it's cheap compared to other treatments. Mine cost $400 for 8 sessions.

please let us know how it goes.

BlueStripe- Did you go through with the Omnilux treatment? I'm darker toned too and my Derm. suggested the Blue light... For some reason they got the lights mixed up and I ended up getting the red this last Tuesday. My face feels horrible now! I got severly burnt abd white heads popped up all over!

No I have not yet. I'm still holding onto my money, deciding whether to do it or not. I had a PCA peel done today (lot cheaper for me than Omnilux treatments), and most of my hyperpigmentation marks are fading. I'll decide in one more week, if I am going to go through with the Omnilux treatments.

By the way, how did the red light treatments go? Does it clear up hyperpigmentation? Thanks.

without.

Wow that is pretty cheap. I live in Toronto, and the only place I can get it, is for 6 for $648. Where are you getting your sessions done?

which clinic r U visiting and recieving Omnilux tratment ? could U tell the adress and phone number?

thanx