Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My brother has been perscribed Differin, and i was just wondering is it alright to use a little bit and apply it to just my chin area to fight my clogged pores? I will use it in combination with an SA wash. Will i overdry or have any side affects? Just how strong is this stuff? Remember im not applying my whole face, just the chin area.

your skin is going to need to get used to the stuff. if you leave it on overnight from day 1, you're gonna wake up with a very dry chin. I'm no doctor, but if I were you i'd just leave it on for about 1/2 hour your first week, then work up to an hour, then 2, and then eventaully you'll even be able to leave it on overnight without your skin drying too much and becoming all red. good luck.

Make sure you use a very small amount - a little goes a long way with this stuff. And as Zief suggested, gradually increasing the application is a good idea - start out slowly. I did this as well - I did leave it on overnight, but I started off with just 2 nights a week for the first couple of weeks, then every other night for the next week and now I am up to nightly applications in my fourth week with no irritation and just a little dryness (but lots of purging on my chin - so be prepared for that possibility).

It works cummatively so will only work if you can get your hands on your brothers cream every day, ad he doesn't mind.

Why don't you see your own doctor and sort something for yourself.

I know my brother and I only swap/share when one of us has lost something that we both use.