Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shake Off the Dust  Arise

Whats good about Coconut oil?

i too would like to know, does it do anything for shallow scars?

i too would like to know, does it do anything for shallow scars?

theres a lot of books about coconut oil here in the philippines.... in its really a wonder oil... i personally applied it on my face in the night and when morning comes all of my minor zits are calmed and they are continously healing... its so fast it only takes two or 3 days to see results... you gotta try it... also when taken orally i notice how my whole skin has become beautiful just like primrose oil.... you gotta try it... ive seen the back page of the book cos i dont want to buy it... and it says in there that coconut oil kills all ranges of bacteria and fungi even those with lipid coated pathogens....

haha man, i used to live in the Philippines. Cebu. I remember they use it for everything.

But applying it seems strange to me. Wont the oil make my face super oily and clog my pores and eventualy make it worse??

I just bought some 100% Extra Virgin Coconut oil and it taste pretty good...lol

I keep it in the fridge and it stays solid like white butter

dont put it in the fridge... no it wont clog your pores..... i use it and im 80% clear in a span of one week....

yes they are every where. You have to watch out when your walking because they can fall and they are heavy lol...

Why cant i put it in the fridge??

wont it be the same thing?

-thanks

ps. why does it work so well for many people?

any explanation?

In pills? lol, it probably exists but it would be useless.

Seriously, once you get extra virgin coconut oil you'll understand why ;)

It would be like getting 'tea pills'... Just do the real thing. Not to mention, if you're ingesting coconut oil, make sure to take a healthy teaspoon of it, if you just take a tiny bit, it won't be as effective (obviously). You'd have to take 10 coconut oil pills to get the same result IMO.

And yes, it's wonderful, but get the high quality virgin coconut oil, there IS a difference.

Eating it will have the most benefit.

Be careful about applying it topically. Some sites list it as extremely comedogenic (pore-clogging) and some members here have tried it and it broke them out horribly so exercise caution.

When I applied it heavy on my face it broke me out a little, a thin coat I found very beneficial. Sometimes if my skin seems irritated I'll mix in a drop or two of pure chamomile oil. Has anyone else tried this?