Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neocon1

Cyst? Or maybe warts?

There's like 2 or 3 pimples that's been on my jawline for over 4 years at least. Is there any way to make them go?

Another question is at the bottom of the pic, you can see I'm having some shaving problems. It's so hard to shave my neck and now I'm getting little bumps there (probably because I shave over it too much). What also pisses me off is when I finish shaving all the hairs, it grows back real fast.. like I can't even go through a whole day without little hairs coming back. So yeah, any tips on the wart/cyst and shaving? Thanks.

I'm thinking about trying that salt water idea..

post-41491-1148688300_thumb.jpg

post-41491-1148688300_thumb.jpg

Hmm.. I'm interested in the cortisone injection idea. Um.. my family doesn't have any insurance though so I don't know. How much $$$ are we talking? Geez.. I've already done accutane for like 5 months and each month has been like $300 :/

I don't think its a wart or a cyst. It looks to me like a keloid scar.

You may want to google "acne scars pictures" and see if you can find a pic of something similar to your spots. I know I've seen pics of men on the net with lesions on their neck from overshaving, I think they were called keloid scars...or something like that. I don't know what treatments are available, but I know shaving aggravates it. maybe you should toss the razor....the rugged look is hot anyway. :D

So do yo think a cortisone shot might get rid of it? I talked about it with a friend and he says those things hurt like crazy. I also have no idea how much this stuff would cost w/out insurance so I don't know..

bump, any response about the cortisone shot? I guess I'll make a visit to the doctor. Too bad going to the derm is way too expensive for me.

OK I finally went out to see the doctor. He said it looked like a permanent cyst or something, so I got two cortisone shots (on the two biggest ones). Well it's been a day so far and nothing has happened. I know it can take up to 72 hours, but they're actually looking bigger and more defined now. What the hell is happening? The doctor said if the cortisone didn't work, I think he mentioned something about cutting them off and giving me stitches..... fuck.

i hope it works out for you!! good luck and let us know!

by the way... im so PISSED OFF that all of us have to spend so much time and money and pain just to try to look normal! its not fair... and i get so angry when one of my friends or something with FLAWLESS skin complaines about one small little zit that goes away in like 3days... :doubt: well whatever, we just have to try to make the best of it right? take care and dont give up!

love from sweden

I am almost positive it is a keloid scar. Your derm can give you injections to reduce the size of it. You can also get laser done to reduce the size as well.

Ok it's been a week now since the cortisone. It feels a little smaller and not so raised now but still looks like I have some warts or something sticking out. Should I get another injection?

I say yes but after waiting another week, it might go down a bit more.

I say yes but after waiting another week, it might go down a bit more.