Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm a guy, so I'm new to this looking for medicinal help on the internet thing.

I have three small (rolling indented scars I'm pretty sure) on my temple. It has red blemishes inside, so I'm guessing the scars would not even be visible if the colour inside them fades. It has been this way for over a year .. it's not really a big deal because I can cover it my longish hair, but these three small scars are pretty visible at certain angles when I have short hair.

I don't think I'm going to get any major procedures done to the scars .. just want to try over the counter drugs to see if the appearance of them will fade a bit.

A friend recommended Jamieson Laboratories Intense Vitamin E Oil Treatment (Super Firming) which she says has caused her minor intended scars to disappear. From what I read on this board, people say that the indents can't disappear unless dermabrasion or other surgical procedures are done to it.

My question is .. has anyone used to Super Firming Vitamin E Oil Treatment on minor indented scars and had any success?

Thanks for your help

EDIT: Also another quick question .. Many people here have spoken about their success with TCA Cross/TCA peels. Has anyone had success on minor rolling intended scars or does it only work on icepick scars? Also, is this TCA thing a sort of last chance thing before deciding to have surgery done on scars?

If you're interested, look into doing TCA cross a 2/3 times and see if you get any results. If there is no improvements then look into subcision with a filler. And make sure the filler is restylane or something temporary as permanent fillers move around after a few years and create lumps.

Also, check out these two links:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...pic=58743&st=60

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...topic=85232&hl=

If you're interested, look into doing TCA cross a 2/3 times and see if you get any results. If there is no improvements then look into subcision with a filler. And make sure the filler is restylane or something temporary as permanent fillers move around after a few years and create lumps.

Also, check out these two links:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...pic=58743&st=60

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...topic=85232&hl=

Thanks for that.

My scars are less deeper than Femina_Mala_Est's "AFTER" pictures and she used 100% TCA Cross. In the other link you provided, pizzicato used 50% TCA Cross and got good results. If this Vitamin E Oil Treatment I got doesn't satisfy me, I will get myself a bottle of TCA Cross .. just wondering which % would be better for me to use, and what are the risks involved with using a 50% concentration.

Also, if TCA is successful in erasing the scars, is this change permanent or do you have to repeat the procedure? .. and does having blemishes (I guess that's the name for the red spots) inside the scar inhibit the TCA Cross in any way?

Once again, thank you. Your help is appreciated.

Just an update .. the intense vitamin e oil treatment I used last night seems to be working. My scars look less deep, and not deep enough to put TCA Cross into ..

I'm gonna keep using this oil treatment, and if the scars remain only a little deep, do you think TCA peel would be a better alternative instead of risking TCA Cross spilling onto the areas around the scars?

I'm fairly dark-skinned (Indian-Portuguese) and I've heard that TCA Cross and TCA peels lighten the skin pigmentation. Could someone tell me a little more about that?

i cant figure out where to buy it at lol.. thers no buy button.. can you message me with the link to where you bought it at? cause sometimes i miss threads and forget about em.. i wanna try this.. thanks!