Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I envy those who always had mild/moderate acne.

I envy those who can remember a time they had clear skin.

I am fifteen years old and I've had acne for 3-4 years. Since on tazorac, I went from severe acne [severe enough to be prescribed accutane] to moderate acne with ALOT of scars.

To treat these scars, I was to get a series of TCA peels. Turns out my mom doesn't want to pay for it anymore. I don't have the money to pay for it.

I am so sick of living like this.

All I wanted was to start September 2006 with clear skin

And I don't think that's happening

I can't remember the last time I had clear skin..I don't even know what clear skin looks like on me without looking at pictures from the past.

I'm week 10 on tazorac and it seems I am still peeling.. and the scars aren't any better. I just break out less. And all the clogged pores I used to have are gone. The scars I am refering to is hyperpigmentation.. I don't have redmarks. I am dark skinned.

For those who say I should take accutane.. There is no way I can take it. I have history of depression & other things and I doubt I will be allowed to take it anyway..

For those who say, who cares just live life.. I tried.

I don't feel like putting pounds of make up anymore.. it does more harm then good.

I hate wearing so much makeup.. I feel so fake. I would rather stay home and cry then go out with pounds of that crap on my face. Going to school is such a hassle.

I am so close to giving up.

Oh man, that totally sucks i was in the same situation but i didnt have a history of depression so im on accutane. :comfort:

I experienced a very severe case of cystic nodular acne complete with conglomerating masses of purplish-red semi-skin so horrific that I could not even SEE a bit of clear - let alone normal-looking - skin anywhere on my so-called face. It happened during my sophomore year in high school. I was appalled, and so were a lot of the other students at my school. I remember one time in PE while everyone was outside, including myself, this girl says to her friend, "Wouldn't you like to go up and lick his face?!" Oh, and there's plenty more things that were said... "What's that shit all over your face?!"

"EWWW! That's your boyfriend!! *Pointing, laughing*" [Heh, this one was probably said countless other times too, but in slightly different words.]

"That boy must've ate some dirty pus---..."

I was placed on home-schooling due to the amount of "attention" I was recieving -- and 'acne' is not one of the listed reasons for being placed on such.

Okay, yeah, that's all very sad and unfortunate...

But what was more sad was the fact that I broke down one day. I grabbed all of the crap they through at me and heaped it all onto my head until it finally was too heavy -- I let it go -- so willingly -- run down my arms... thick and stinking slime running from my downcast eyes. I played the part of 'victim' so well. I bet they all enjoyed it. I absorbed all that negative energy like a sponge -- no fight whatsoever. I just bent over and welcomed everyone on in. I have regrets about the whole incident of acne, wishing it never happened. BUT I regret letting all those ignorant asses get the best of me... HOW COULD I LOWER MYSELF LIKE THAT? Bow to them? I wish I could step back in time -- very shortly of course; don't want to relive the painful acne again -- and walk right up to each and every one who has dealt me pain and pop a nice big, ready-to-be-harvested zit right into their mouth. I hope it would land in their eyes and they would get some sort of infection.

[but I went on accutane, and it cleared up; the nightmare: all over.]

There's so many other things out there that can be done to improve hyperpigmentation!

For a start, I've used copper peptides diligently over a couple of months, and they have yielded modest improvements. This product also helps with issues of hyperpigmentation for an individual of any skin tone.

Have you ever considered hydroquinone? I heard it works well for issues with hyperpigmention. Just some thoughts...

Oh man, that totally sucks i was in the same situation but i didnt have a history of depression so im on accutane. :comfort:

I'm glad you got to go on accutane :) I hope you get clear skin soon!!

I experienced a very severe case of cystic nodular acne complete with conglomerating masses of purplish-red semi-skin so horrific that I could not even SEE a bit of clear - let alone normal-looking - skin anywhere on my so-called face. It happened during my sophomore year in high school. I was appalled, and so were a lot of the other students at my school. I remember one time in PE while everyone was outside, including myself, this girl says to her friend, "Wouldn't you like to go up and lick his face?!" Oh, and there's plenty more things that were said... "What's that shit all over your face?!"

"EWWW! That's your boyfriend!! *Pointing, laughing*" [Heh, this one was probably said countless other times too, but in slightly different words.]

"That boy must've ate some dirty pus---..."

I was placed on home-schooling due to the amount of "attention" I was recieving -- and 'acne' is not one of the listed reasons for being placed on such.

Okay, yeah, that's all very sad and unfortunate...

But what was more sad was the fact that I broke down one day. I grabbed all of the crap they through at me and heaped it all onto my head until it finally was too heavy -- I let it go -- so willingly -- run down my arms... thick and stinking slime running from my downcast eyes. I played the part of 'victim' so well. I bet they all enjoyed it. I absorbed all that negative energy like a sponge -- no fight whatsoever. I just bent over and welcomed everyone on in. I have regrets about the whole incident of acne, wishing it never happened. BUT I regret letting all those ignorant asses get the best of me... HOW COULD I LOWER MYSELF LIKE THAT? Bow to them? I wish I could step back in time -- very shortly of course; don't want to relive the painful acne again -- and walk right up to each and every one who has dealt me pain and pop a nice big, ready-to-be-harvested zit right into their mouth. I hope it would land in their eyes and they would get some sort of infection.

[but I went on accutane, and it cleared up; the nightmare: all over.]

There's so many other things out there that can be done to improve hyperpigmentation!

For a start, I've used copper peptides diligently over a couple of months, and they have yielded modest improvements. This product also helps with issues of hyperpigmentation for an individual of any skin tone.

Have you ever considered hydroquinone? I heard it works well for issues with hyperpigmention. Just some thoughts...

Wow..I don't think I would of been able to go to school the next day. I did that before.. took days off from school just because I didn't want people to see my face. Even my own friends say shit about my acne. You regret now about letting them get to you.. I think I'm going to start not letting them get to me. Or else I will regret it to when I'm older. Going through all this made me believe in karma.. they will get what they deserve.

accutane? lucky :)

I talked to my dad about the chemical peels and he'll pay for them. :):)

But turns out it's going to be a really low percentage. I don't know if it will even do anything.

I never heard of hydroquinone so I looked it up.. would it work well with dark skinned patients, I couldnt' find that info :eh:

thanks for your reply though, I feel alot better :D