Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Canucker

I hate this

Honestly when you have acne and scars you're not really living anyways. Wouldnt it be better to just end it? :cry:

No, it wouldn't. Acne can be cured today and there are lots of things one can do to heal and improve/erase scars.

Cheer up. There's light at the end of the tunnel :angel:

yea man, hang in there, dont quit

Don't give up. Be strong, we have all dealt with this in one way or another. Just be patient and strong. :)

For anyone or anything to survive, it has to kill and consume living things--in the case of a human, thousands and thousands of living things. Is your life worth all the sacrifices that are necessary to sustain it? What if you're grovelling in self-pity because of uncurable scarring? Maybe if you end it now, you'll be reincarnated, and in 15 years, you'll be a fresh-faced teen rather than a ruined old man. Just don't accept anybody's canned responses because there are no simple answers.

I think admin should remove Camerons response.

Its the verbal equivalent of handing someone a knife to cut themselves.

Honestly when you have acne and scars you're not really living anyways. Wouldnt it be better to just end it? :cry:

Remember that scaring is one aspect of who you are, and that it isnt what makes you who you are. Try shift your main focus from how your skin appears to what makes you 'you' as a person. You are not JUST acne and/or scars, you are a whole person. Love yourself and give yourself respect, life is too short to feel so much pain over something physical. We all have times like this, thats y we are here. We want to find a way to minimize something that upsets us..but pls dont let it override your happiness. x

Cameron, WTF is wrong with you???? Don't inflict your own misanthropy and frustrations on others.

Asshole :(

Canucker, there are no easy answers but there are solutions to this. We've all dealt and some are still dealing with it. It's not easy to find what works for you but it is there. It's a painful journey but I believe we will all get there. Will we be "perfect"? Probably not but we will be much better off. Contrary to my name I have my moments of despair but there's a lot to live for.

cheer up!!!... i no its an old cliche, but things cud be alot worse, it dont seem like it wen we look in the mirror, but it could be, if the only disease/ illness that we get thru our lifes is a few spots and scars then i wud think we are quite lucky... i no id rather have this than lose the use of my ... legs,hearin,eyesight..etc......or be in chronic pain....... theres that many amount of people in the world to day that suffer skin conditions. that acne scarring is not that uncommon problem... we even see celebs with it... .the way i see it, us acne/scar sufferers are like a big tribe, thats experiance and suffering. and life in general .. is written all over our faces.... we have nothing to hide, we have lived thru severe acne and we have the scars to show it.......we all need to face ourselves.. and accept it and become stronger about it.......

OK then, welcome to Mr. Rogers' neighborhood. Whoever called me an A-hole, you should be more open to perspectives other than your own.

really man, hang in there, i know its tough, if you want to continue living "normaly" why not wear make up...

i know how you feel about scars, it really does messes one emotional confidence up and sort of make us "devils" because we're stuck in the darkness of night and can't go out during the day times... i sure miss that.

also imagine having to tie your hands down and can't do any treatment for 6 months, now thats torture, but i guess it makse you stronger overall later on in life. i'm only 21, i'm sure your not that old, keep your head up and pray.

Hey, I know how you feel. I get that way when I'm really down. But I think it is real shelfish to end your life. Think about your family members. Also don't you want to try all the scar treatments available before you quit? There could be something out there that could improve your scars. What have you tried so far? Try to fix your problem. Tell me more about your scars, maybe I could be of help. I have tried 25% TCA 2 weeks ago and I think it really helped alot of my shallow scars. I am concentrating on eliminating my red marks now. I have to admit that I've been so obsessed with my face for the past 3 years, I feel like I've lost what is really important in life. I think we all need to change and not let our scars get to us so much.

Hey, I know how you feel. I get that way when I'm really down. But I think it is real shelfish to end your life. Think about your family members. Also don't you want to try all the scar treatments available before you quit? There could be something out there that could improve your scars. What have you tried so far? Try to fix your problem. Tell me more about your scars, maybe I could be of help. I have tried 25% TCA 2 weeks ago and I think it really helped alot of my shallow scars. I am concentrating on eliminating my red marks now. I have to admit that I've been so obsessed with my face for the past 3 years, I feel like I've lost what is really important in life. I think we all need to change and not let our scars get to us so much.

I have redness which is fading but that can be covered up with makeup. Most of my scars are ice picks. Its horrible. I hate it.

You know I feel the same way sometimes. I used to just say "Well, they'll heal over time!" But now what's left, I know won't heal. So what keeps me going now is "Well, I'll get the money for laser treatment!" That's how I go on. I try not to look at the scars, as hard as that may be. I try to look ahead at the treatment and how much better I will feel once it's done. Be strong. It'll make you a tougher person.

I feel down sometimes too, but there is a lot to live for in life. There are so many people out there that are without family and homes. There are also starving people and those who are terminally ill. Consider yourself blessed. I think you should seek psychiatric help--and I'm not saying this to be a smart ass; I think you would benefit from it.

I've had acne and scarring for over 30 years, and believe me, I've spent a lot of time feeling down about it. We just found out this week that my son's girlfriend of 2 years(she's 21) has MS. If that doesn't put my acne in perspective, I don't know what will. Hang in there, we all could be much worse off.

Guest delta force operators

what is ms?

where are the people from 03 and 04?

ice picks are the worst...i have them too.

i know how you feel, seriously. never give up, Canucker.