Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luckycharms

Spectro Vanishing Lotion for Sensitive Skin (2.5% BP Lotion)

I'm currently using Solugel 4% BP gel but I find that it is a drying and thus kicking my oil production into overdrive. Looking for 2.5% BP, I ran into this. I am also aware of Neutrogena On-The-Spot but I have heard that it can leave a cakey white residue when sweating (and I sweat very easily).

http://www.spectroskincare.com/productacnevlss.shtml

Has anyone tried this product? And if you have, does it leave any residue or does it act as if it was a gel (it is a lotion).

Designed for people with acne prone sensitive skin

• contains proven acne medication that penetrates pores, to treat and prevent acne pimples.

• It works by unclogging pores, killing acne bacteria and it helps to maintain your skin's moisture barrier.

• Contains 2.5% benzoyl peroxide as the active ingredient.

Ingredients:

Acrylates copolymer, carbomer 940, citric acid, diazolidinyl urea, dimethicone, dioctyl sodium sulfossuccinate, disodium EDTA, glycerin, propylene glycol, silica, sodium citrate, sodium hydroxide, water, xanthan gum, other.

Thanks a bunch!

Personally I didn't like it. I've been using Clindoxyl (5% BP 1% Clindamycin) but figured i was at a point i could use something simpler and easier on my face. So I got the Spectro 2.5% lotion since I love the Spectro cleansers. However, despite being half the BP concentration I found it made my face so much more red and stinging when I wash my face the next morning. Gone back to Clindoxyl which is for some reason so much more agreeable.

I found it does leave a residue but I've read reviews where people says it does not.

I would at least give it a try since it's a good company, but I think their acne line sucks in comparison to their cleansers which are the best!

I actually used Spectro BP for a long time. I was trying to use it for the regimen. It cleared me up a bit but I could only ever use it once a day because it was way too irritating for me if I used it twice. I also found that it left quite a residue, and would ball up, and it was impossible for me to wear makeup over. I thought I had some sort of sensitivity to BP because I just couldn't use it twice a day and thought I would never be able to do the regimen properly. I just recently purchased Dan's BP and I like it SO much better. It goes on MUCH nicer and doesn't leave any kind of residue. I can also use it twice a day and so am finally able to do the regimen properly....and I am already seeing results. I would recommend Dan's BP instead....although products effect people differently.