Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stocko

So Cleansing Stops Shiny Faces?

I got a real shiny face for some reason, after the cleansing part I dont have a shiny face.

I use Pearl Soap Bar (very drying) once a day, should I use it twice a day to tackle shiny faces?

Thanks.

I use Pearl Soap Bar (very drying)

It is very drying? Well, there is your culprit. If you overdry your skin, it will combat it by producing more oil and thus giving you your shine. Try a mild/gentle cleanser and use it twice daily (morning+evening) instead of a very drying cleanser once daily.

Additionally, look for a liquid cleanser instead of one in bar form as bar cleansers have higher pH level among a multitude of other factors which cause extra dryness in comparison to liquid cleansers.

Oh.

Well I live in the UK and I can't really find other cleansers. Can ya name one mate? Theres a Boots.

What I found to combat oily skin the best is to moisturize. You would think that addin more moisture would cause more shine, but it actually calms down you sebacious glands(oil producing glands), you may still get a little shine, but not as much. I use about a quarter size amount of moisturizer.

I wash with Johnson and Johnson's Liquid Baby Wash and I moisturize with Johnson and Johnson's Baby Lotion with aloe. Best combination I've found yet. Doesnt dry you out, but both are oil free and meant for baby's skin(aka sensitive skin)

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

It is very drying? Well, there is your culprit. If you overdry your skin, it will combat it by producing more oil and thus giving you your shine.

Bryan would not be happy! :razz: It's a myth that the sebaceous gland produces oil in response to the physical stripping of the skin. Over-drying, however, does cause irritation which can lead to the exacerbation of acne. Oil production is effected by hormonal factors, not pearl soap bars.

Shinyness completely visual perception in my opinion. Stripping the skin leaves a surface that appears shiny. You're taking away the natural surface, therefore the skin has an altered appearance.

It is very drying? Well, there is your culprit. If you overdry your skin, it will combat it by producing more oil and thus giving you your shine.

Bryan would not be happy! :razz: It's a myth that the sebaceous gland produces oil in response to the physical stripping of the skin. Over-drying, however, does cause irritation which can lead to the exacerbation of acne. Oil production is effected by hormonal factors, not pearl soap bars.

Shinyness completely visual perception in my opinion. Stripping the skin leaves a surface that appears shiny. You're taking away the natural surface, therefore the skin has an altered appearance.

I have extremely oily skin. This is no myth. When I wash my face in the morning and forget to moisturize, Im oily within an hour. My oil glands are working overtime to compensate for my face's lack of moisture. But when I moisturize Im ok for about 5 hours and then I begin to get a little shiney.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I have extremely oily skin. This is no myth. When I wash my face in the morning and forget to moisturize, Im oily within an hour. My oil glands are working overtime to compensate for my face's lack of moisture. But when I moisturize Im ok for about 5 hours and then I begin to get a little shiney.

Yes, so you're altering the appearance by placing moisturiser on top. It doesn't mean that there's less oil underneath. It's been done and done, the science pointed well toward what i previously stated.