Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkangel

Which TCA PEel to USE?

Ive finally decided to give tca a try.

on ebay, there's so many to choose from. theres 10-100% and all kinds of different brands!

I need some recommendations before i make the purchase.

should I go with a high percentage and get my money's worth, or is it smarter to start off with a low percentage. and would you recommend a certain product over another? please help. thanks.

also, what is the down time of these peels?

thanks

First you have to decide if you want a TCA cross or a TCA peel. It will make a huge different in what you decide to buy precentage wise.

id like to get a tca cross, but there isnt a doctor around to perform it. so ill have to start with tca peels.

id like to get a tca cross, but there isnt a doctor around to perform it. so ill have to start with tca peels.

you can do a tca cross yourself!! u dont need a doctor. if you only have indents then a tca cross will be easy for you, if you have other issues such as pigmentation, scarred pores, mild scarring, then a normal tca would be best to start with (thats only my opinion). if you havent prepared your skin with retina then that would be better but u can go ahead with a tca anyway, in my opinion i would start with a lower % of tca, maybe 12.5% then progress from there. i did a 15% myself today for the first time only on my forehead but im so glad i did it! it wasnt as bad as i thought-it stings alot but i just used a fan to cool it down. let me know how you get on and if you need help im here.

I do have a lot of scarred pores, rolling scars , and pigmentation issues. so i think it would be best if i started with a tca peel. i was going to purchase a tca 100% peel from ebay - it was so cheap at 5.99. but i guess it isn't recommended to immediately jump to a 100%. ill shop around for a 12 like you said. are there any risks? I know it is a chemical peel, but how careful do you have to be to avoid damaging your skin and making the problem worse? Im a bit uneasy about performing a peel myself.