Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alisonjs122

Low Dose Accutane for clogged pores?

Okay, so I don't get cysts (knock on wood), but I have millions of clogged pores. I'm allergic to most antibiotics and cannot tolerate topical retinoids. Would low dose accutane be an option (10-20 mg)? I am so fed up!

Generally speaking, the don't prescribe it this way due to the birth defects. However you might be able to find a doctor who would if you shop around - less likely in the US with the IPLEDGE thing. One of the things that the FDA has repeatedly listed as a major concern is that it's being prescribed for people (read:women) who don't meet the definition it was approved for - severe, recalcitrant, nodular/cystic acne.

Frankly i would never take it just for clogged pores.

Which topical retinoids have you tried? Some are much easier tolerated than others.

Yeah that ipledge is screwing us girls with acne over bigtime! I think its horrible that us girls that suffer with acne have to pay for the dumb ones that get pregnant like idiots while on this medication :mad: