Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beverly2

help just did a 15% tca peel

i have just done a 15% tca peel on my forehead, i put the tca on cotton wool and swiped it across my forehead, i swiped the tca downward motions going across my forehead, then waited 5 mins while fanning myself, i then applied another layer and i noticed i missed bits (from the swipe marks) i panicked and filled in those bits with a q-tip. is that ok??? anyway, five mins later i did another layer and my forehead looks red raw!!

i tolerated the stinging for 2 mins then i had to wash it in baking soda, which feels great after all that hard work. did i do this ok? please i need some reasurrance??

do you always have to neturilize your skin when it starts to frost or can you just wait till the frosting is over?? i am curious. i also didnt frost untill my third layer but there were only tiny bits of frosting.

Sounds like you did it OK. I only rubbed it for about a minute over and over (I think that counts as one layer). I did it with a gauze - it's very convenient. I didn't neutralize it, I just waited for it to neutralize on it's own. The redness lasted about half an hour for me.

Be patient and DO NOT PEEL!!!! Mine started slightly peeling on day 3 and it took about 7 days to fully peel. It wasn't as awful as I had expected.

By the second day, I washed my face (including the treated area) with a mild cleanser and didn't put anything on it. I highly recommend hot water compresses on the area twice a day.

Sounds like you did it OK. I only rubbed it for about a minute over and over (I think that counts as one layer). I did it with a gauze - it's very convenient. I didn't neutralize it, I just waited for it to neutralize on it's own. The redness lasted about half an hour for me.

Be patient and DO NOT PEEL!!!! Mine started slightly peeling on day 3 and it took about 7 days to fully peel. It wasn't as awful as I had expected.

By the second day, I washed my face (including the treated area) with a mild cleanser and didn't put anything on it. I highly recommend hot water compresses on the area twice a day.

i definately will not peel it off this time! ive learned my lesson the hard way, anyway im so excited, im dying to do the rest of my face but the rest of my face is flaking from the apeel daily so i think ill have to wait-crap!!