Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I use Olay Complete SPF15. I'd give the Aveeno a try, and see how it works for you. Everyones face is unique, and therefore some products work better for some people than others. I'd reccomend finding something with SPF15 though, summers coming up and tropical treatments make you very photosensitive.

I tried the calming moisturizer but it stung badly (i should have known, i can't tolerate chemical SPF on my face). However i do really like the Positively Radiant moisturizer with no SPF, and the rest of that system (cleanser, serum).

I tried the calming moisturizer but it stung badly (i should have known, i can't tolerate chemical SPF on my face). However i do really like the Positively Radiant moisturizer with no SPF, and the rest of that system (cleanser, serum).

yes, I noticed it made my face sting a little too. I used it yesterday for the first time and today my face is a little rosy. I was using Ovace which was a perscrip wash and lotion and that worked great for a couple months then I started getting mild acne again. Then I tried Mary Kay for a while, then just Dove soap and that was when my face got super dry and I decided to try the Aveeno. I am always afraid of trying new things. Do you ever have like red spots or bumps that show up on your face when you get out of the shower and then after a half hour or so they go away? Its weird. Its like I am getting pimples that are really red and then it just goes away? Also, sometimes, throughout the day I will get a red spot here or there and after a couple hours it goes away. I tried Olay once, it was the wash and that was definately not a good choice for me. I have tried tons of over the counter things and dermatologists and its funny but they say oh, its so mild I wouldnt worry about it, but I hate having this little outburts and also another thing is my forehead. I get like these little red bumps that never turn into anything and then almost go away but then come back, so it never really looks clear, always looks blotchy. Thats why I thought I would try AVEENO calming to see if it would take away the blotchy-ness of my skin and cure the dryness. Thanks for letting me vent, I guess I got on a roll.

Sounds like a sensitivity to something. I'd say to switch to very gentle, non comedogenic products designed for sensitive skin. If you are getting stinging from the calming moisturizer it's probably the SPF, or possibly the fragrance. Have you tried something like Cetaphil or Purpose? The blotches when you get out of the shower may be from the heat or may be from something else like shampoo or conditioner - try to keep them off your face.

yes, I noticed it made my face sting a little too. I used it yesterday for the first time and today my face is a little rosy. I was using Ovace which was a perscrip wash and lotion and that worked great for a couple months then I started getting mild acne again. Then I tried Mary Kay for a while, then just Dove soap and that was when my face got super dry and I decided to try the Aveeno. I am always afraid of trying new things. Do you ever have like red spots or bumps that show up on your face when you get out of the shower and then after a half hour or so they go away? Its weird. Its like I am getting pimples that are really red and then it just goes away? Also, sometimes, throughout the day I will get a red spot here or there and after a couple hours it goes away. I tried Olay once, it was the wash and that was definately not a good choice for me. I have tried tons of over the counter things and dermatologists and its funny but they say oh, its so mild I wouldnt worry about it, but I hate having this little outburts and also another thing is my forehead. I get like these little red bumps that never turn into anything and then almost go away but then come back, so it never really looks clear, always looks blotchy. Thats why I thought I would try AVEENO calming to see if it would take away the blotchy-ness of my skin and cure the dryness. Thanks for letting me vent, I guess I got on a roll.

Yes, I tried the cetaphil once but since it doesnt lather up I found I was having a hard time making sure all my makeup was off and that all the cetaphil was washing off. I guess I never got use to it. I like the Dove soap but like I said it is just so drying. I read on this website (somewhere) someone was talking about using head and shoulders classic clean shampoo as a face wash as well as shampoo. What do you think about that? I kindof want to try it but I am scared...

I use the Aveno calming mostiurizer, although I bought it to calm itchy skin from going on retin-a. Beyond my red marks, I don't have red skin. It did work great for calming itchy skin.

The products generally work well for me. I'm also using the bar soap because I needed a non-medicated cheap face soap and it was at the discount store for $0.99. I've used amost all of the skin brightening products in the past.

One other thing... One of my tattoos (artist did a bad job) was healing horribly and was painful and itchy and made me miserable. I eventually asked a different artist what he recommended and he told me the Aveno lotion because of the oatmeal. It was amazing. Almost immediatly the itching and pain went away and it finally started healing. There was still scarring, but at least it healed.

I <3 Aveeno.

The bar soap (Clear Complextion one) worked wonders for me!

Now I use the Foaming Cleanser(same formula just allready a foam lather). It was a little drying, and it took a few weeks to get use to. The SA in it purged pores in each diffrent area for the first month or two at most. But I really notice a diffrence in the texture of my skin after I use it..really. I ditched Cetaphil, it gave me Contact Dermatitis, I know it. And it gave me these tiny white head type things under my skin..

I want to try the Calming Moisteriser though. Fo sho. :)

Will it clog my pores?, is it oil-free?..

I <3 Aveeno.

The bar soap (Clear Complextion one) worked wonders for me!

Now I use the Foaming Cleanser(same formula just allready a foam lather). It was a little drying, and it took a few weeks to get use to. The SA in it purged pores in each diffrent area for the first month or two at most. But I really notice a diffrence in the texture of my skin after I use it..really. I ditched Cetaphil, it gave me Contact Dermatitis, I know it. And it gave me these tiny white head type things under my skin..

I want to try the Calming Moisteriser though. Fo sho. :)

Will it clog my pores?, is it oil-free?..

Im currently using the aveeno calming moisturizer and it is great! It does everything that it says it does. Oh and it is Oil-Free, Non-comdeogenic, and Hypoallergenic, so it is also ideal for sensitive skin. Here is a link to it:

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp142224_333181_...ming_spf_15.htm

Hi there,

I have used the Aveeno Ultra Calming with SPF 15 as well as the Aveeno Clear Complexion one with salicylic acid and no SPF. I have found that the one intended for acne, the Clear Complexion one caused me to break out each time I used it. I did several trials. I would use it for a week, then give my skin some time to calm down and then start it again.

Both have a scent, which I do not like. Well, that's just me and my two cents. Everyone is different, and just because I disliked it doesn't mean you will.

Hope my reviews here help!

HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED THE AVEENO CALMING MOISTURIZER? OR THE AVEENO BAR SOAP?

:wall: AVEENO SUCKS!!! :wall:

But that's just my personal opinion..hehe. :shifty:

Really?.

.Aww..what did it do to you?And which products of them did you use?.. :|

(Since you mentioned yours..)

**I loathe Cetaphil** :wall: