Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
G0DLIK3

Sun exposure/ Dans BP

I recently switched from panoxy to dans BP. My face was about 95% clear b4 switching ( still pimples on hairline and chin) but i couldnt afford the panoxy ( would need a new bottle every week ... $6 a week...)

So i bought a tube of Dans BP and I've started breaking out in places that I rarely break out... (ex. cheeks/nose). Its embarissing as hell cuz i usually keep my acne under control, so its going 2 be extremely noticeable, know what im sayin?

O and, i got a graduation party this weekend, and honestly... my face looks like shit ( im considering skipping work 2day cuz i look like shit and my g/f works with me...) So i was considering trying 2 get some sun on my face???

ADVICE PLEASE

Should i try to get a small sunburn on my face to cover up acne?

Should i switch back to panoxy?

:wall:

Well, initial breakout with BP is normal. Think of all those pimples as being "hidden," and the BP makes them come out to get rid of them.

So I don't think you should stop using this BP, in three months time, you'll be clear, if you stick to the regimen well.

As for the pimples you have now, all I can say is, either suck it up and go the way you are now, or suck it up and put on some concealer. There's no way going back on Penoxy is going to clear up the pimples in a day. And neither is getting sunburned. Sunburn will actually aggravate your acne worse. You'll look "better" because the tan/burn covers up your acne a bit, but a week later you'll break out worse.

I ought to make it clear to you as well, that the option of tanning hardcore is still viable. You'll just have to pay for it later, but it should work for a weekend.

My sister has like 4 bottles of tanning oil lol, im going 2 jack one and try 2 lay out around 12 today. Yea man... grad. party i guess its worth it? And i just asked this girl out... would make a bad impression if on our first "official" date my face was all broken out, know what im sayin?

OK one more question. Lets say you tan... and yea u prolly will break out worse... unless u KEEP the tan right? What if u tan like 3 times a week for 30 minutes r somthing ( or whatever it takes 2 maintain a tan). Of course once summer ends and i quit tannig im sure my face/back is going 2 look like crap.

do NOT put tanning oil on your face! And do not try to get excessive sun exposure. BP will have made your skin sun-sensitive and you are risking a pretty bad burn, imo. Not to mention a breakout afterwards.

Get yourself an spf 30 sunscreen, please!!

do i put b/p on sunburn/tan?

Ha yea i fuc*ed up and im burnt ha

EDIT

On my back that is, not my face... actaully my face still looks like crap, u cant even tell i have acne on my back tho.

I would not put bp directly on sunburned skin.

Give it a day or so for the burn to heal, then you can resume the Regimen.

K thanks Brandy, hey one more question, do sunburns turn into a tan? Like when the red goes away is it going to be tanned or white lol... the rest of my back tanned nicely, and my shoulders burned/turned red.

-Thanks

a sunburn usually goes in2 a "tan" as such

but its not the way you should really do it as your damaging your skin and irritating it LOTS

this wil cause acne usually in a few weeks time as your skin wil be super irritated from the sunburn.

my skin isnt usually like that however.

but stil

sunburn = bad so dont do it kiddies!

ehe

Guest Pearsizzle

Being in the sun for a large amount of time while using BP is bad for three reasons. 1. You will sunburn so bad you will look like your face is masked. Not joking. 2. It WILL peel even if you have never peeled. It's not fun and it does itch. 3. It makes you breakout afterwards. Badly. I am still recovering after two months.

Being in the sun for a large amount of time while using BP is bad for three reasons. 1. You will sunburn so bad you will look like your face is masked. Not joking. 2. It WILL peel even if you have never peeled. It's not fun and it does itch. 3. It makes you breakout afterwards. Badly. I am still recovering after two months.

That is completely true. Do not use benzoyl peroxide and THEN go outside to tan. This doesn't mean that using benzoyl peroxide after you sunburn is bad. The jury is still out on that (one negative thing is that benzoyl is a drying agent and you don't need a drying agent; if you put a little bit of benzoyl peroxide on the acne which is on sunburned skin, wait fifteen minutes for it to absorb, then apply aloe vera, that should help). Allow a few hours (as in three or more; the longer you wait, the better--but three is probably the absolute minimum) after you use benzoyl peroxide before you go into the sun and make sure you use SPF 15 or better (30 is recommended more often than 15).

I've heard that BP + Too much Sun = Increase in aging skin. (not sure even with Sunscreen)

Anybody else heard of this?

Nobody seems really sure, but it's possible that the free radicals generate by the way BP kills acne bacteria could increase skin's aging. Sun is very well-known to do that on it's own, though.

All I know is that I decided to go for a nice half-hour walk in my college's arboretum this afternoon. It was partially shaded, but I was still in the sun a fair amount. I had on a layer of Dan's BP that I had applied hours earlier and some SPF 15 moisturizer. I did not apply moisturizer or sunscreen on any other part of my body. When I came back to my room, my face was very bright red, but my arms and shoulders were a normal color. Even a couple hours later, out of the heat and in front of a fan, my face is still pinker than it was this morning. It seems to me that even with the SPF 15, BP made the skin on my face more sensitive to sun exposure than it normally would be.

I don't use anything less than SPF 30...I find almost all the facial moisturizers out there only go as high as SPF 15. Now most of the sunscreen lines make sunscreens specifically for faces. I'm using one by Coppertone that is oil-free and non-codmegenic (sp?) and it's SPF 30. I found with SPF 15 I would still get red in the sun.

Be careful boys and girls...! With all the hard work we are putting into our skin everyday we wouldn't want to ruin it by too much sun exposure.

:)