Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For 6 months now, based on suggestions I read on this forum, I have a) used hibiclens as my morning and evening wash, b) used a soft bristled brush to exfoliate every evening, c) been on a strict candida diet that eliminated all sugars and high carbs including grains.

Each of the above steps gave me some degree of improvement - after these 6 months I had a great reduction in facial acne and redness, and also a great reduction in the eczema - and though I was very happy about these improvements, I was still a bit disappointed that neither the acne nor the eczema was completely gone.

A week ago, I was researching about something to help relieve dark circles under my eyes, which I think are unsightly, when I came across some information on giving yourself facial massages to achieve this. (http://www.neobeauty.com/shisskincarb.html). So I did it. I've been doing it for a week now, massaging all over my face using coconut oil, which I moisturise with anyway. And I honestly believe that this, for me, is the missing link because my acne is now gone, my eczema is gone, my red face is now white. I can't believe it!

But I think it makes sense, the more I think about it. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I think my body was obviously struggling to eliminate toxins through the skin on my face, and massaging the problem area directly improves the circulation/flow of blood, helping the lymphatic system in the face to release the toxins that gather there effectively without them being able to build up (into spots?), or maybe move them to other areas of the body? I don't know, as I haven't broken out in spots anywhere else... If somebody could explain it better for me, that'd be cool!

Oh, and the dark circles under my eyes are gone, and my whole face just looks toned and better than before - I'm so pleased!

What does everyone think, might be worth a try, nothing to lose? Obviously the other things I've been doing over the last 6 months have played an important part in my progress, but I wanted to post this anyway to see f it could help anyone else.

Mike

So how long did you massage your face? I can't use coconut oil as it did disasterous things to my skin. Didn't know if just massaging it in the shower after cleansing would work or not. I like you have had some success to a degree in what I use but my real problem is breaking out on my neck, doesn't matter what I eat or don't eat, how much water I drink or vits I take or any number of other things people with acne do to get rid of it nothing ever seems to help for long and I am tired of it just like all of us. Thanks.

Well I've been doing it only since last weekend - so 6 days. The day after I started, I thought I saw an improvement, but figured I was imagining it. But I was clear of all my blemishes pretty much immediately, and no new ones have surfaced in the meantime - which for me is unheard of. I massage my face for about 15 - 20 mins or so each day, in the evening. You don't have to use coconut oil, maybe just try your current moisturiser or something you know doesn't break you out?

I guess if you have spots on your neck, you could maybe try massaging your face and also the neck area to get the blood flowing to see if you get any improvement? I did a google search on lymph and acne and it was very interesting.

For 6 months now, based on suggestions I read on this forum, I have a) used hibiclens as my morning and evening wash, b) used a soft bristled brush to exfoliate every evening, c) been on a strict candida diet that eliminated all sugars and high carbs including grains.

Each of the above steps gave me some degree of improvement - after these 6 months I had a great reduction in facial acne and redness, and also a great reduction in the eczema - and though I was very happy about these improvements, I was still a bit disappointed that neither the acne nor the eczema was completely gone.

A week ago, I was researching about something to help relieve dark circles under my eyes, which I think are unsightly, when I came across some information on giving yourself facial massages to achieve this. (http://www.neobeauty.com/shisskincarb.html). So I did it. I've been doing it for a week now, massaging all over my face using coconut oil, which I moisturise with anyway. And I honestly believe that this, for me, is the missing link because my acne is now gone, my eczema is gone, my red face is now white. I can't believe it!

But I think it makes sense, the more I think about it. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I think my body was obviously struggling to eliminate toxins through the skin on my face, and massaging the problem area directly improves the circulation/flow of blood, helping the lymphatic system in the face to release the toxins that gather there effectively without them being able to build up (into spots?), or maybe move them to other areas of the body? I don't know, as I haven't broken out in spots anywhere else... If somebody could explain it better for me, that'd be cool!

Oh, and the dark circles under my eyes are gone, and my whole face just looks toned and better than before - I'm so pleased!

What does everyone think, might be worth a try, nothing to lose? Obviously the other things I've been doing over the last 6 months have played an important part in my progress, but I wanted to post this anyway to see f it could help anyone else.

Mike

Thats great Mike, thank you very much for sharing. I think ciruculation plays a big part in skin disease. I have actually got rid of a few scars doing facial massage and was wondering if you have noticed any reduction in your scars too?

Also curious if you exercise or do any other physical acivities to stimulate lymph circulation.

And wow! such progress in one week, thats fast.

Wow, this sounds really helpful!

I think the ideal time to massage your fac would be before washing it with DHC's olive oil stuff or soemthing similar.

If you noticed a difference after a facial massage then I would also highly recommend trying acupuncture.

If you noticed a difference after a facial massage then I would also highly recommend trying acupuncture.

I've tried reflexology before - as I was having issues with my digestive system, and that really helped - once my digestion was back working effectively, my skin was noticeably clearer. I also do want to try accunpuncture for sure. Here in London, there is an centre that does Indian face massages (as opposed to head), so i am currently deciding between that or some accupuncture sessions...

Asher - yes I do have some acne scars, though thankfully they're not major. I haven't found (yet) that the massage has helped so much with them, but on the other hand I've been using a soft-bristled exfoliating brush for over 6 months now and that DEFINITELY has helped with my scars. I got that tip from the Jessfoliation thread in the General acne forum.

I have to say though, 2 weeks after doing the facial massages every day I have had a breakout - some acne spots on my cheek and chin area, few on my forehead (I rarely get them there), and general redness again to my nose and cheeks. I think it's probably a natural reaction to stimulating my facial lymph system to eliminate toxins (i.e. when I was having reflexology the therapist did some sessions on my head too to address my skin issues, and she always said to expect my face to be red and that I may experience a breakout after a session), but that perhaps I was was overdoing it - so I have decided to stop it until the breakout subsides, then will start again but probably once every other day and see how it goes. It's all experimentation at this stage!

Manoon, once you decide on which treatment center you will try please update on what you found and if you saw any results.

Good luck

Asher - yes I do have some acne scars, though thankfully they're not major. I haven't found (yet) that the massage has helped so much with them, but on the other hand I've been using a soft-bristled exfoliating brush for over 6 months now and that DEFINITELY has helped with my scars. I got that tip from the Jessfoliation thread in the General acne forum.

Were you doing the jessfoliation morning and evening? I did that for 2 weeks when i first started it, my face was loving it but then at the 2 week period broke out horribly. Since then, I've only used the exfoliating brush in the evening, and had much more consistent results. I think it's a good thing to add to your skincare regime, but make sure the brush you use is soft and only do it once a day, so that you don't over-irritate your skin.

I used to get the type of pustular spots that would come to a head, then leak, so I'd have no choice but to empty them, and they ended up leaving blood-spots on my face - hard to describe sorry, but indents in my skin and there was blood still visible under the skin where the spot/blood vessel had been. Over a period of a few months, these slowly cleared up using the exfoliating brush. I had a total of, let me see... 6, in January this yr, and now only 2 remain and they are visible only if you look closely - I'm pretty confident they will disappear entirely in time.

Were you doing the jessfoliation morning and evening? I did that for 2 weeks when i first started it, my face was loving it but then at the 2 week period broke out horribly. Since then, I've only used the exfoliating brush in the evening, and had much more consistent results. I think it's a good thing to add to your skincare regime, but make sure the brush you use is soft and only do it once a day, so that you don't over-irritate your skin.

I used to get the type of pustular spots that would come to a head, then leak, so I'd have no choice but to empty them, and they ended up leaving blood-spots on my face - hard to describe sorry, but indents in my skin and there was blood still visible under the skin where the spot/blood vessel had been. Over a period of a few months, these slowly cleared up using the exfoliating brush. I had a total of, let me see... 6, in January this yr, and now only 2 remain and they are visible only if you look closely - I'm pretty confident they will disappear entirely in time.

Yes, I was doing the exfoliation twice a day, then two weeks later broke out. Seemed like a long time to get a reaction so I wasnt sure what to do. The acne was deep and cystic like and I was afraid of scarring. I might try only once/day to help with the scars.

These blood spots-were they like blood blisters, or just red marks or just like deep red colored indentations? Did you find the brush exfoliation to work on other older scars or just fresh ones? Thanks!

The 'blood spots' I guess have left deep red coloured indentations - is a better way of putting it yes. The deep redness is where the blood vessel was. Anyway, they're bloody hard to get rid of!

I personally have experienced the exfoliating brush work to clear up fresh scars rather than long term ones - I don't have many loong term ones to be honest, though I had acne back in 1992, it didn't leave scars (I know that makes me sound ancient, but I'm only 32! :)). It's only really the mild but persistant acne I've experienced in the last 2 yrs - these bloodspot thingys - that have left 'scars'.

Anyway, the breakout I had from overdoing the facial massages has now passed, so I know now not to overdo it and will prob do it a max. of 3 times a week. I think, Ell, I will probably go to see the Indian face massager before an accupuncturist, but it may have to wait as I am about to buy a house and I need all my money for that at the moment :D

The 'blood spots' I guess have left deep red coloured indentations - is a better way of putting it yes. The deep redness is where the blood vessel was. Anyway, they're bloody hard to get rid of!

I personally have experienced the exfoliating brush work to clear up fresh scars rather than long term ones - I don't have many loong term ones to be honest, though I had acne back in 1992, it didn't leave scars (I know that makes me sound ancient, but I'm only 32! :)). It's only really the mild but persistant acne I've experienced in the last 2 yrs - these bloodspot thingys - that have left 'scars'.

Anyway, the breakout I had from overdoing the facial massages has now passed, so I know now not to overdo it and will prob do it a max. of 3 times a week. I think, Ell, I will probably go to see the Indian face massager before an accupuncturist, but it may have to wait as I am about to buy a house and I need all my money for that at the moment :D

Thats great to hear, I have the same type of scars-weird ones they are, can you pull them taught and then the indentation dissapears? Mine are really shallow and the blood spots are deep red/blood red. I've never really run into anyone with these types of scars. They seem like shallow indents with a broken blood vessel in them right? thanks for the details, I dont feel so all alone =)

What does the indian face massager do that you cant? thanks!

Hey Im also curious if you notice a lot of inflammation (redness, easily irritated/red)? Im trying to figure out why I get these type of scars. thanks again.

Shallow indents with a broken blood vessel in the middle that will not go away is exactly what these are. I've only met one other person who has these. The one on my nose is quite prominent and I tend to put some concealer on it. I;d love to get rid of it though, but don't know what my options are. Sometimes I'm tempted to stick a needle into the blood vessel to see if that will release the blood trapped under the skin - but I'm worried I would do more damage!

I would like to go to the indian face masseur just to get it done properly, as I think I've probably a bit heavy-handed and overstimulate my skin the way I do it. I'm thinking it would be worth getting it done a couple of times and seeing whether or not I benefit from it, if not then I'd move on.

I do indeed get a lot of inflammation and redness and my skin is easily irrirated - that's another, long story - I had eczema all over my face while I was growing up, for which the doctors prescribed steroid cream, the long term use of which gave me a form of steroid rosacea which basically means, as you said, my face was permanently red and irritated by the use of pretty much any topical on it. I've made huge steps forward by ditching the steroid cream 2 yrs ago, and through the combined effects of the candida diet/facial exfoliating brush/hibiclens over the last 7.5 months - apart from a few random spots, my face is no longer red and neither is it supersensitive to topicals yey!! :D

6 months sounds a bit long imho to establish the reason for the decrease in acne.

Shallow indents with a broken blood vessel in the middle that will not go away is exactly what these are. I've only met one other person who has these. The one on my nose is quite prominent and I tend to put some concealer on it. I;d love to get rid of it though, but don't know what my options are. Sometimes I'm tempted to stick a needle into the blood vessel to see if that will release the blood trapped under the skin - but I'm worried I would do more damage!

I would like to go to the indian face masseur just to get it done properly, as I think I've probably a bit heavy-handed and overstimulate my skin the way I do it. I'm thinking it would be worth getting it done a couple of times and seeing whether or not I benefit from it, if not then I'd move on.

I do indeed get a lot of inflammation and redness and my skin is easily irrirated - that's another, long story - I had eczema all over my face while I was growing up, for which the doctors prescribed steroid cream, the long term use of which gave me a form of steroid rosacea which basically means, as you said, my face was permanently red and irritated by the use of pretty much any topical on it. I've made huge steps forward by ditching the steroid cream 2 yrs ago, and through the combined effects of the candida diet/facial exfoliating brush/hibiclens over the last 7.5 months - apart from a few random spots, my face is no longer red and neither is it supersensitive to topicals yey!! :D

We are very similar skin wise, I had seb derm, which causes permanent redness and inflammation-very easily irritated. Only thing that has helped is reducing candida, diets, supplements. Im still sensitive though, and still prone to those red indents.

So the hibiclens didnt irritate your skin? Do you use it full strength?

We are very similar skin wise, I had seb derm, which causes permanent redness and inflammation-very easily irritated. Only thing that has helped is reducing candida, diets, supplements. Im still sensitive though, and still prone to those red indents.

Yes, sounds like it - I hope you continue to get improvements as I can totally understand how frustrating sebderm/eczema is, let alone acne too. I'm wary of saying my eczema is cured, but it is more or less in remission - for the first time in over 10 yrs.

I use Hibiclens full stength, yes. I was wary of it, but thought it was worth a go. At the time every single thing (cleanser, moisturiser etc) made my face more red. Hibiclens didn't, and never has. I;d definitely recommend trying it.

and ben runs to the bathroom to try!

Good luck Ben! Let me know what you think!

Yes, sounds like it - I hope you continue to get improvements as I can totally understand how frustrating sebderm/eczema is, let alone acne too. I'm wary of saying my eczema is cured, but it is more or less in remission - for the first time in over 10 yrs.

I use Hibiclens full stength, yes. I was wary of it, but thought it was worth a go. At the time every single thing (cleanser, moisturiser etc) made my face more red. Hibiclens didn't, and never has. I;d definitely recommend trying it.

and ben runs to the bathroom to try!

Good luck Ben! Let me know what you think!

I will check for the hiblicans at my drugstore. Please keep us updated on the massage and scars etc. thanks for all the info!

Well the redness in my face went down, and one spot completely dissappeared, TWO LEFT AND PROMS TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely think the fact I'm allowing more time for stuff to soak in is helping too.

Hey I did have one other question for ya..

do you have any problems with circulation-cold feet, purple feet or pale feet? Any blood sugar problems-hypoglycemia, fatigue sleepy after eating refined carbs? I have both and think that my facial circulation is impaired which would explain the infections and maybe the blood spots.

Well the redness in my face went down, and one spot completely dissappeared, TWO LEFT AND PROMS TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely think the fact I'm allowing more time for stuff to soak in is helping too.

Awesome! Maybe that's the key - allowing things to soak in. Think you've already had your prom now, so I hope you had a great one! :D

Hey I did have one other question for ya..

do you have any problems with circulation-cold feet, purple feet or pale feet? Any blood sugar problems-hypoglycemia, fatigue sleepy after eating refined carbs? I have both and think that my facial circulation is impaired which would explain the infections and maybe the blood spots.

Actually yes I do have circulation problems. Not with my feet though - it's my hands and arms that are always cold. I mentioned this to my reflexologist when I was having sessions a couple of months ago, and she used to do some work on my circulation - I must say it hasnt been as bad since then. She used to use her techniques on the areas of my feet (the big toe) that corresponds to the head, and my face would flush so hot during the treatment, then cool right down - all very interesting. Have you heard of Reynauds? I don't have it, because my hands don't change colour, but if your hands and feet do, then you could?

I don't eat refined carbs anymore, and haven't for nearly 8 months now, but yes, i used to get horribly tired during the day after eating them.

I thought Dan's regimen says your not supposed to put pressure on your face??? I'm confused. I'm still going to try it though. Thanx.