Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For those that have this medication, what is the best way to apply it? I get clogged pores sometimes but in no specific place, so do i put a bit of his stuff all over my face? Also, is it effective when placed on active acne? THANKs!

For those that have this medication, what is the best way to apply it? I get clogged pores sometimes but in no specific place, so do i put a bit of his stuff all over my face? Also, is it effective when placed on active acne? THANKs!

I would use it all over. I know some people spot treat with this, but I don't know how effective that is.

well, my derm just told me to but it on my pustules and clogged pores, and not on the other areas of my face. then again, compared to a lot of people here, my acne was not that bad to begin with, so maybe that's why he told me this. I can see that if I have a lot of acne spread all over I'd spread it all over my face, but I just treat my problem areas at night right now. I guess what you could do is call the pharmacy where you got the Differin from, and ask the pharmacist what you should be doing

I don't have a lot of acne either (minimal inflammatory - just on my chin sometimes), but my derm said to use it all over. The only place I don't use it it on the sides of my face, cheek areas because I have never broken out there, and those areas aren't as oily. Areas that break out more often, or even just sometimes, I am using the Differin on. My forehead and chin are my main problem areas, but I get occasional blocked pores around my nose and along the lines around my mouth, so I am using it there too even though there is no active acne in those places. The Differin helps prevent future breakouts by changing the pores, so it might be helpful to use it on places in addition to active pimples.

I don't have a lot of acne either (minimal inflammatory - just on my chin sometimes), but my derm said to use it all over. The only place I don't use it it on the sides of my face, cheek areas because I have never broken out there, and those areas aren't as oily. Areas that break out more often, or even just sometimes, I am using the Differin on. My forehead and chin are my main problem areas, but I get occasional blocked pores around my nose and along the lines around my mouth, so I am using it there too even though there is no active acne in those places. The Differin helps prevent future breakouts by changing the pores, so it might be helpful to use it on places in addition to active pimples.

put it on areas you generally break out....put it on active acne and redmarks. More is not better.

both excellent posts

Yea my doctor just prescribed me differin plus benz... she told me to use both at the same time? day+night anyone doing that right now?

I've been on Differin for 10 days now. It's really unclogging my pores, and even though there has been an initial breakout, I feel like its going to work.

Now about application: My dermatologist told me to use a pea-sized amount for my entire face (not a pea-sized amount for each area.) Treat the whole face, not just problem areas. You may get more blemishes for the time being in places you didn't expect to, but the way I see it is that I would rather get all these pimples out of the way in one fell swoop. Dap very small amounts onto your chin, neck, cheeks, forehead, etc. and gently massage them in. My face usually turns slightly redder after applying Differin. My derm's advice checks out with differin.com.

Best of luck to you and best wishes for a clearer tomorrow...Eric

Differin has done a wonderful job of clearing the blocked pores from my forehead. I am having a fairly bad IB on my chin though - inflammatory spots too (which I rarely get). These spots aren't going away too fast either. I'm in my 4th week of using Differin now (1st week of nightly application though - I started with every other night). Hopefully, things will improve in the next few weeks.