Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello to all my fellow cystic sufferers. I know what you are going through. Please, read this:

I never had problems until I was in my mid 20's and then with hormones or whatever I started getting these huge, painful, lingering cystic pimples on my chin and sometimes my nose. I started trying everything and I mean everything (Minocycline, Cleo-cin, Erythro, every OTC, Proactiv, etc....). The only thing I did not try was Accutane and I just wasn't willing to go there. I was always ashamed and embarassed by the cysts even when people would tell me it wasn't that bad or you could hardly notice. Yea, right, I would say.

I did have moderate success with one specific birth control pill, Demulen. That seemed to help the flare-ups not be too bad, like I would only get one every month instead of 2-3. But, drop everything else. Throw it out the window!! Go to Amazon.com and buy Benev's Azalex Gel. It works!! No, I don't work for Benev or Amazon. I am a stay-at-home mom who was fed up and I did a lot of research. Azalex is usually only available with a prescription and it is typically used for rosacea. Unlike BP and other topicals it doesn't dry your skin out. In fact, my skin looks so much better in general. It isn't dry and it doesn't look red anymore from having used retin-A. Disclaimers: I really only get cystic ance on my chin so that is the only place I have used it, but I am sure it would work just as well any other place.

Few warnings: the first week or so that you use it there is a slightly painful stinging sensation for about 15 minutes after using. But, that goes away and was a small price to pay for my results. Secondly, the price. It is $80 a bottle. I know it sounds steep, but the bottle lasts me a couple of months (if not more) and compared to all the other things I have tried and thrown away or replaced it is the cheapest thing going! Plus, it works. I only use it at night. If I can feel a cystic pimple coming (and we all know the feeling) I will apply an extra dose in the morning and the pimple never even comes up.

Listen, I have been there. I have tried all different things. I have been ashamed to go out because of my skin. Now, I go out without make-up. WITHOUT MAKE-UP!! Just try it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Plus, no harmful side effects, no drying....only smiling for me. I am not one to write things on message boards unless I really, really find it necessary. This is. Just want to help someone looking for an answer like I was.

I can post before and after pictures if you don't believe me.

Hello to all my fellow cystic sufferers. I know what you are going through. Please, read this:

I never had problems until I was in my mid 20's and then with hormones or whatever I started getting these huge, painful, lingering cystic pimples on my chin and sometimes my nose. I started trying everything and I mean everything (Minocycline, Cleo-cin, Erythro, every OTC, Proactiv, etc....). The only thing I did not try was Accutane and I just wasn't willing to go there. I was always ashamed and embarassed by the cysts even when people would tell me it wasn't that bad or you could hardly notice. Yea, right, I would say.

I did have moderate success with one specific birth control pill, Demulen. That seemed to help the flare-ups not be too bad, like I would only get one every month instead of 2-3. But, drop everything else. Throw it out the window!! Go to Amazon.com and buy Benev's Azalex Gel. It works!! No, I don't work for Benev or Amazon. I am a stay-at-home mom who was fed up and I did a lot of research. Azalex is usually only available with a prescription and it is typically used for rosacea. Unlike BP and other topicals it doesn't dry your skin out. In fact, my skin looks so much better in general. It isn't dry and it doesn't look red anymore from having used retin-A. Disclaimers: I really only get cystic ance on my chin so that is the only place I have used it, but I am sure it would work just as well any other place.

Few warnings: the first week or so that you use it there is a slightly painful stinging sensation for about 15 minutes after using. But, that goes away and was a small price to pay for my results. Secondly, the price. It is $80 a bottle. I know it sounds steep, but the bottle lasts me a couple of months (if not more) and compared to all the other things I have tried and thrown away or replaced it is the cheapest thing going! Plus, it works. I only use it at night. If I can feel a cystic pimple coming (and we all know the feeling) I will apply an extra dose in the morning and the pimple never even comes up.

Listen, I have been there. I have tried all different things. I have been ashamed to go out because of my skin. Now, I go out without make-up. WITHOUT MAKE-UP!! Just try it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Plus, no harmful side effects, no drying....only smiling for me. I am not one to write things on message boards unless I really, really find it necessary. This is. Just want to help someone looking for an answer like I was.

I can post before and after pictures if you don't believe me.

I'd like to see those pics

Hm....

Hard to trust someone with only one post :-/

If you had twin boys that were three years old, you would have a hard time posting more, too. I will try to post pictures in the next week. Maybe then you will trust me.

Wow....nice job indeed! How long have you been using this? You have the exact type of acne I have and in the exact same place!

Wow....nice job indeed! How long have you been using this? You have the exact type of acne I have and in the exact same place!

I started using it around November. I noticed a difference in the number of pimples within 2 months. Now, I get very little, if any. Honestly, I don't write in to message boards, etc. I just know how terrible this type of acne can be. I wouldn't be saying anything if I didn't not think it could work for others.

I have acne very similar to your before pic and Azelex only made it worse. 1st Accutane subscription appointment a week from today...