Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eudaimonia

question about bee pollen and allergic reactions

I've read several reports that bee pollen can eliminate acne because of it's powerful detox properties and it's packed with live enzymes, just about every nutrient that has a name, and some elements that science has not yet identified or labeled, is a potent anti-biotic, rich in proteins, free amino acids, vitamins, including B-complex, and folic acid. "Bee pollen is particularly concentrated in all elements necessary for life."

Just take a look at all the benefits of bee pollen, it's simply amazing:

http://www.alternativescentral.com/beepollen.htm

From what I've read so far, the most promising use and highest percentage of successful cases using bee pollen for many is for combating allergies/asthma or eliminating it altogether in time.

I'm an allergy sufferer and I have a very mild case of acne. My allergies definitely makes my acne worse, I've seen the connection myself.

This is the worst time of the year for me and it's very frustrating to say the least. I'm allergic to pollen for sure. or "Wind-Carried Pollen".

I bought a bottle of Bee Pollen capsules at my local health store last night and hoping and praying that this will help me rid of my allergies and possibility improve my skin/acne.

It is reported to test a small amount of bee pollen on skin and on tongue to check if there's any possiblity allergic reaction (which have been known to happen but fairly rare esp those who are allergic to pollen).

Then I read this:

"Allergy attacks brought on by pollen are normally produced by wind-carried pollens, and not by bee-collected pollens. Wind-generated pollens usually stimulate a cleansing process throughout the entire respiratory tract, especially among those who consume excessive quantities of mucus-producing foods during the winter months.

Bee pollen may be safely administered by everyone, even those persons who are prone to allergies such as hayfever, as they will usually suffer no ill-effects. Allergenic properties are always neutralized by the nectar and enzymes secreted by the bees. Raw honey has been specifically recommended by many professional allergists as having an immunizing effect upon the majority of pollen-stimulated allergies. This is usually a direct result of the pollen and related substances that are found in both unfiltered and uncooked honey which, when ingested, form a natural oral immunization against allergies."

Sounds GREAT!

So I tested myself with some of the bee pollen (opened the capsule) on my arms, neck, face and back, and even on my lips and waited 30 mins. Nothing happened. Good sign indeed.

My question is: If I don't get any allergic reaction through my skin, does it mean I won't get a allergic reaction when ingested? Any difference, does it matter?

Please help! :pray:

UPDATE: I ingested a 1/4 of a capsule and waited 30 mins. No allergic reaction!!! :D

But remember if you're going to try Bee Pollen, always test a small amount first. Be safe, Be healthy, Bee Happy! :D

I have heard good things about bee pollen too. Personally I would try the spot treatment first, that way you can minimize the adverse side effects. Remember, for Aristotle, beauty is neccesary for eudaimonia: the rose that grows out of the cracks may be praise-worthy, but the rose that grows out of the best conditions and radiates its beauty is truly happy.

Good luck.