Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Pearsizzle

6 Month Breakout

Guest Pearsizzle

This is my second time doing Dan's clear skin regimen. I took a 2 week break at the beginning of October. I decided to take a break because OTS was starting to give me pauples, even though I had no white/black heads. After Thanksgiving, (literally the day after), I started the clear skin regimen again, but this time on Dan's own BP. Today is May 26th, and over the past week I have started to get pauples again. That's exactly 6 months folks. Anyway, does anyone have experience with this breakout? How long does it last, etc.? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Last day of school for me. :D

read here and make sure you aren't making any mistakes with the Regimen. It is common for people to sort of slack off over time without even realizing it.

http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

Also, re-watch Dan's video and make sure your technique is still good. Be sure you are being gentle and not causing any unnecessary irritation.

Let me know exactly which products you are using, and let me know exactly HOW you are using them. I'm sure we can figure out what's going on.

Guest Pearsizzle

As for products, I use Dan's own "Clear Skin Regimen Gel" and as for lotion I use "Vanicream", which was perscribed by my dermatologist.

I don't make any mistakes. I apply BP to my face twice a day - once to my back and chest. After showering or washing my face, I dry my face and then surf the net and whatnot until I feel that my face is dry enough. After that, I apply the BP to my entire face and then repeat surfing the net. After my face is dry enough from the BP, I apply lotion and I finish getting ready.

Maybe the 'vanicream' is too much for your skin along with the BP aswell, have you considered cutting it our your regimen and sticking to the basic regimen? :)

As for products, I use Dan's own "Clear Skin Regimen Gel" and as for lotion I use "Vanicream", which was perscribed by my dermatologist.

I don't make any mistakes. I apply BP to my face twice a day - once to my back and chest. After showering or washing my face, I dry my face and then surf the net and whatnot until I feel that my face is dry enough. After that, I apply the BP to my entire face and then repeat surfing the net. After my face is dry enough from the BP, I apply lotion and I finish getting ready.

What exactly is in "vanicream"? I get the feeling it is medicated. Can you give us a list of ingredients to take peek at?

Also, which cleanser are you using?

And how much bp are you using? Are you using one full finger length to your face?

The Vanicream may be the complicating factor here, especially if it is medicated, or if it isn't oil-free and non-comedogenic. Also, since you didn't mention which cleanser you are using, I wonder if that may be part of the problem.

Try to be a bit more thorough in letting me know what you are doing? Are you still seeing a derm?

edited to add:

ok, I just looked up Vanicream. This is a cream for eczema, not for acne-prone skin.

ingredients are as follows:

Ingredients: An oil-in-water emulsion type vanishing cream base composed of Purified Water, White Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth-20, Sorbitol Solution, Propylene Glycol, Simethicone, Glyceryl Monostearte, Polyethylene Glycol Monostearate, Sorbic Acid and BHT.

it says it is an "oil in water emulsion"

Besides the oil part, I highly doubt it is non-comedogenic. Creams tend to be very thick. I prefer a lotion.

See if you can find an oil-free non-comedogenic lotion moisturizer, I think that Vanicream may be part of your problem.