Notifications
Clear all

Erbium Laser

MemberMember
(@beaker)

Posted : 05/26/2006 6:31 am

Soon I am going to be having a treatment with the erbium laser.

I haven't heard much about it on this board (well nothing positive anyways)

Has anyone used it (sucessfully or otherwise) to treat red marks?

My problems are :

- Uneven skin tone

- a few shallow ice picks

- Lots of bad red marks (the kind that take several years to fade)

MemberMember
(@simply_me)

Posted : 05/26/2006 4:28 pm

i'd too would like to know...

MemberMember
(@shell03)

Posted : 05/29/2006 9:32 pm

I got erbuim laser done bout 4 yrs ago, and the dr told me I'd prob need 2 or 3 to get great results,

i had heaps of scarring the worst ones on my cheeks, mainly deep icepicks and some rolling ones,

and some weird lines???lol, they looked like letters, there was a letter M and a V.

and I also have an olive complexion so he told me that risks of pigmentation.

the results from it.... about 50% reduction in my deepest scars, most of my rolling scars disappeared,

so yeah.... i'm totally different person to how i was b4 treatment, and I was happy with the results i got..

scar wise, that is. so for me there was a significant difference to my scars that i was and am still happy about.

the disadvantages for me regarding it.... i had my fingers crossed i wouldnt have pigment probs and thought

well even if i did get probs its gotta be better than deep scars, my scars were reduced but now i had a

dirty kind of appearance due to stained looking brown marks on my face, but dr said these would fade over time, and they have, due to me using microdermabrasion home cream and couple of months ago bio oil, my

pigment marks are gone.

I was basically healed within 7 days, though had to wear a concealer because i was red, like a bad sunburn,

concealer hid it quite well, thankfully my dr already had a makeup consultant available to show me how and

which concealer would suit me.

it sounds like your stuff you want done are quite minor so I wonder if erbuim would be too harsh???

cause it goes right down to the deepest layer of your skin, hehe can't remember wat its called.

ur welcome to ask anything other questions if you like.

MemberMember
(@beaker)

Posted : 05/31/2006 6:51 pm

Thank you for replying,

It's nice to hear someone with a good experience of this laser.

I don't think my problems are too mild as I have red marks and scars that I have amassed over 10 years and so it's pretty much my whole face, I have to wear a lot of make up every day but even then their still very visible.

Fingers crossed, I'll let people know how I get on

:)

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 11/09/2013 11:27 pm

I got erbuim laser done bout 4 yrs ago, and the dr told me I'd prob need 2 or 3 to get great results,

i had heaps of scarring the worst ones on my cheeks, mainly deep icepicks and some rolling ones,

and some weird lines???lol, they looked like letters, there was a letter M and a V.

and I also have an olive complexion so he told me that risks of pigmentation.

the results from it.... about 50% reduction in my deepest scars, most of my rolling scars disappeared,

so yeah.... i'm totally different person to how i was b4 treatment, and I was happy with the results i got..

scar wise, that is. so for me there was a significant difference to my scars that i was and am still happy about.

the disadvantages for me regarding it.... i had my fingers crossed i wouldnt have pigment probs and thought

well even if i did get probs its gotta be better than deep scars, my scars were reduced but now i had a

dirty kind of appearance due to stained looking brown marks on my face, but dr said these would fade over time, and they have, due to me using microdermabrasion home cream and couple of months ago bio oil, my

pigment marks are gone.

I was basically healed within 7 days, though had to wear a concealer because i was red, like a bad sunburn,

concealer hid it quite well, thankfully my dr already had a makeup consultant available to show me how and

which concealer would suit me.

it sounds like your stuff you want done are quite minor so I wonder if erbuim would be too harsh???

cause it goes right down to the deepest layer of your skin, hehe can't remember wat its called.

ur welcome to ask anything other questions if you like.

Hi. (: I am considering an erbium laser for some medium depth boxcars/icepicks on my nose. I was wondering how much did each laser treatment cost you? And was that cost for your entire face? Also, how long did it take for those brown patches to fade? Thanks for the info !