Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What really pisses me off about my skin is when I see friends I haven't seen in a couple of years and I know they are thinking to themselves 'she STILL has acne?!' Like for fucks sake I've had shitty skin since I was 11, and I see people from my 7th grade class and 8 years later...still that pimpley girl. I even saw a guy who had a worse case of acne then I did when we were younger, and he is 100% clear, he just grew out of it like people are 'supposed' to, and then when people see me, and I haven't grown out of shit, I've only gotten worse as the years went on. WTF. You know how nerds want to develop into being hot and when they see childhood friends they will be all shocked and awed by their transformation. Ya, I always wanted to go from being the class zits mcgee to all flawless and pretty but it never happened to me.oiegushneguisjdgshngkjsdngknjdsgndsjkgnsdkjg rant rant rant

lol i know how you feel. loads of people who i went to school with had acne but now they are all clear, they either grew out of it or roaccutane cleared them up.

whats worse, is seeing people who knew you before terrible skin and knowing their thinking "what the hell happened to HER??"

I know how you feel!!! :(:comfort:

Fuckin sucks, its like ive been out of skool 3 years nearly, and I still have acne grrrrrrrrr

how about u make them jealous of u, in tons different ways. Buy a nice car if u can hehehe. do your hair,buy nice clothing, stay in shape :)

and when you are around your real good friends, ask for any suggestions or what has worked 4 them :) u know

whats worse, is seeing people who knew you before terrible skin and knowing their thinking "what the hell happened to HER??"

That is EXACTLY how I feel. I'm terrified that I'll bump into people I knew from college.

Don't worry AllyKat. Like Elephant said.. try and have something to feel good about - that you maybe didn't have back then. Whether its physical or materialistic.. it's always easier to take your mind off something you feel concious about when you have something else that you feel dead proud about.

I try harder to keep myself in shape so I'm really proud of my figure now. If I am walking down the street and I feel really self concious in front of some guys.. I think about my flat stomach instead of my acne and it makes me grin every time! :lol:

hehe thats already happened to me.

I saw a friend who I havent seen ofr a while and we was like "man what the fuck happened to you"

I just said "I got acne"

What really bothers me is seeing someone who HAD bad skin in the past & you see them again to be 100% clear!Or someone that just went through a remarkable transformation, whether if they lost weight or whatever. While you still look the same with bad acne & all! Those really get to me!!

Guest Realist

Yup, I absolutely hate running into people I knew from high school on bad skin days. It's like saying, "I'm still the same person, with the same fucking problems; no progression" without actually speaking it.

It'd really make my day to see an old acquaintance with acne.

It's like saying, "I'm still the same person, with the same fucking problems; no progression"

Bang on there. :(

I've seen a lot of people from my home town, that were around my own age, clear up over the years. I had really mild acne during my teen years, and I always thought I would be clear by my early 20's. I was really really wrong. At 18 my acne became moderate and it was very depressing! I know people had to think, "what happened to her? She didn't have skin like that in high school. She should have grown out of that like most people do."

What's also bad is when they knew you when and a little after you were on the Tane, and now you've just broken out again, and they will see you next week.

It's also bad when people have been commenting for a while about how nice your skin has looked lately and how "perfect" it is, just to see them again, all broken-out, and they avoid commenting on your appearence all together.

It's like saying, "I'm still the same person, with the same fucking problems; no progression"

Bang on there. :(

Yup. Excatly.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this worry in the back of my head. For instance, I just found out a friend from high-school moved to my neighborhood in the city, and I am hesitant to make contact given the way I look right now. Though my skin wasn't great in high school and college, it is worse now - nothing quite severe, but it's reached that point of "you gotta do something about that."

A few months ago, right after finishing a freelance job, my skin cleared up completely (when I started the Regimen), and I wished so bad that had been the case while I worked at this prestigious company. Tomorrow morning I am returning to the company, but my skin is back to its same old state. I'm hoping for an overnight miracle. Oh well, while we're worrying about our skin, they're probably worrying about their weight, height or status in life. And if you're like me, you're probably worrying about those things too. Ha.

I hate that. the majority of my friends are perfectly clear and then theres like 2 of us (Me included) with ultra bad spotty skin which makes you want to crawl into a dark hole and never come out again! I can't stand looking at my friends sometimes because i get so jealous wishing that my skin was a beautiful as theirs. I also get extremely self consious and maybe paranoid that when people look at me they think "Oh god shes so spotty...shes so ugly ewwww" I know my friends will never say that to my face but maybe behind my back. Its so irritating knowing it takes months, perhaps years to get rid of acne......but i will get there one day. I look at myself in the mirror and tell myself "One day your skin will look as beautiful as your friends, you will beat it" So hang in there guys!

It's like saying, "I'm still the same person, with the same fucking problems; no progression" without actually speaking it.

It'd really make my day to see an old acquaintance with acne.

Good way of putting it, Realist.

umm having sin some old friends from when they left school like now adays they cant belive have much ive cleared up like.. still not enought with those shity scars though . :(

Amen. I always worry about that.

Then again, I've seen plently of ppl that have gained tons of weight or have taken serious downturns in other ways. I'd say most ppl's skin has improved, but most people overall look worse than they did in high school for other reasons. There are already guys I went to school with three years ago having early hair loss, girls getting pregnant and staying big, and other physical changes for the worse.

Amen. I always worry about that.

Then again, I've seen plently of ppl that have gained tons of weight or have taken serious downturns in other ways. I'd say most ppl's skin has improved, but most people overall look worse than they did in high school for other reasons. There are already guys I went to school with three years ago having early hair loss, girls getting pregnant and staying big, and other physical changes for the worse.

Yea, but usually most of that stuff happens to them by some bad choice or action they made. We never made a choice to have shitty skin and its not a result of some drug over uses,slutty unprotected sex we had or all the food and empty beer calories we shoveled into our bodies like rampant pigs.

But since I've been out of school for less then 2 years I have to say at like 80 percent of the people I know have gotten either fat, pregnant or addicted to drugs. WTF is with that. I guess I'd rather have bad skin then have that, but I mean thats not even a compromise because if I had clear skin I know I wouldn't do any of that shit either! Grr!