Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just got off accutane a week ago, still having a bit of active acne, but I have a feeling it will slowly discintipate. I've been taking 1600 mgs of Vitamin E (4pills) and sometimes even 2400 (6pills) per day. I know this is 2x or even 3x over the natural recommendation, but I have really bad marks. I've also been using Emu Oil as my skin is still dry, and Emu also seems to take the colour off quite a lot.

I really want to have a clear skin by September, which is in 3months, and I want most my red marks faded by then hopefully. I'm wondering if i'm taking too much Vitamin E and if anyone knows some products that Help with redmarks that can be found on the shelves in any drugstore... Price doesn't really matter as long as it's not a cream over 100$ or something.

Vitamin A would be better too. Alot orally and externally. Using the oil on my skin has done wonders already. M y doc told me to do it along w/ a glycolic peel and they would be gone in a month. So far so good.

Vitamin E orally is REALLY hard on your liver and is not reccomended to be taken Alot like you are or with accutane or when its in your system still, wich it will still be there for a couple months.

I've been taking 1600 mgs of Vitamin E (4pills) and sometimes even 2400 (6pills) per day.

Do you mean 1600 IU and 2400 IU, not mgs?

If so, that is WAY too much. I wouldn't take any more than 400 IU a day. More is not better.

i just pop open the vitamin pills and put it right on my redmarks. they usually go away in 2 1/2 weeks, max.

i just pop open the vitamin pills and put it right on my redmarks. they usually go away in 2 1/2 weeks, max.

No way dude, they've been here for 4 months while I was on tane and still are pretty dark in colour.

Yes, btw I have been taking 1600/2400 UI a day. I'll pop a few open and put them on my skin, but I think the Emu Oil i use is just as good and it doesnt stink as bad as Vitamin E.

To the guy who said to take Vitamin A. I can't do that, because Isotretinoin IS vitamin A and my liver is probabily still overloaded with accutane as I just came off it a week ago.

Woah, so wait, do you add water with the vitamin you crush? Does it help get rid of old marks, I CANT get rid of marks Ive had for months! Please answer back!!

Thanks so much

Woah, so wait, do you add water with the vitamin you crush? Does it help get rid of old marks, I CANT get rid of marks Ive had for months! Please answer back!!

Thanks so much

No dude. He takes the vitamin capsules. You cut the capsules in half or poke it with a needle, and get the oil on your index finger and apply on your face.