Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone else have the most annoying of the Tane side affects, the dry eyes? Can barely keep my eyes open for more than 4-5 seconds before squinting. Incredibly annoying and debilitating.

What do you use to help it? Most eye drops i've tried last a maximumof 10 minutes. Barely sufficient.

Anyone else have the most annoying of the Tane side affects, the dry eyes? Can barely keep my eyes open for more than 4-5 seconds before squinting. Incredibly annoying and debilitating.

What do you use to help it? Most eye drops i've tried last a maximumof 10 minutes. Barely sufficient.

I had a very bad chemical burn on the sides of both of my eyes about 6 months ago and my vision has suffered from it.

I personally use both Systane eyedrops and Thera-Tears liquid gels.

Visine Tears. I only had to use it for the 1st month of tane. Then for some reason I didn't have to use tear drops anymore. My eyes went back to normal after geting into tane for a month. :dance:

i wear contacts and had totally no problems wearing them at all, 2 months into the treatment i got pink eye for the first time, a side effect, now i cannot go without pink eye for more than a week, i cannot get it under control, no more contacts for me, still getting conjunctovitis, it is chronic now, i am done with the accutane in a few weeks and my skin is clear, that is all that counts, my eyes are gross tho...all red and itchy.

Try to selecto eye gel insttead of eye drops. It is more thicker and lasts longer. It it tough to find though, it takes a lot of searching to find in my local walmarts eye drop section

Try to select an eye gel instead of eye drops. It is more thicker and lasts longer. It it tough to find though, it takes a lot of searching to find in my local walmarts eye drop section

My hand is raised high on that question!!! My eyes are so dry and blurry because of it.. and i just wanna close them all the time! :confused:

Thanks for the help guys. Seems the consensus is to go for gel based. Sounds like a b***h to apply but anything for normal feeling eyes again.

My eyes are very dry. Sometimes they randomly start watering like crazy and it looks like I was just crying. It happens a lot when I change from a cold air (outside) to warmer air (in the bus for example) really quickly.

Haven't found a treatment, eye drops didn't help me. Just have to stick it out.

did it make your guys eyes all tired looking to? like all dragged out and stuff? it did for me

Not me. I occasionally use eye drops (Visine) for sting-y eyes but that's it. I wear my glasses as a precaution instead of contacts, but I probably could wear them.

Just didn't want people to think that Accutane = dry eyes all the time. I HAVE had them, but not this bad. And it's not constant for me. :)

But sorry to y'all that have, it really sucks!!

Try the gel based eyedrops instead of the liquid kind. I really liked Refresh Liquigel. It takes a few minutes after you apply them to see clearly, but the moisture lasts much longer.