Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bushie

Vaseline and Pores

I've heard so many conflicting opinions about Vaseline: some people say it clogs pores, some say it doesn't. The package does say it is non-comedogenic.

I have some dry scabby spots on my face while acne is healing from accutane and would like to moisturize with vaseline but don't want to cause more acne!

Does anybody know for sure?

I've heard so many conflicting opinions about Vaseline: some people say it clogs pores, some say it doesn't. The package does say it is non-comedogenic.

I have some dry scabby spots on my face while acne is healing from accutane and would like to moisturize with vaseline but don't want to cause more acne!

Does anybody know for sure?

I'm quite positive vaseline is non-comedogenic as long as you don't rub it in. I've never seen someone breakout from using it, but id prefer not to just to be on the safe side.

Oh, and by the way bushie, you don't have acne. Get off of accutane.

:)

I use vaseline on my lips. Works good at keeping my lips moisturised but gives me loads of whiteheads around my mouth. Wouldn't want to try it o the rest of my face.

An interesting side note..... I had a pretty bad burn all over my face several years ago from a fire. My plastic surgeon had me slather Vaseline all over my face for at least 2 months and I didn't break out once. Of course my skin was going through some crazy stuff with all the healing so perhaps it would react different now, I don't know.

We all don't have the same skin type, so it works differently on each one

Before going on tane, I used to break out regardless of what moisturizer I used. Now I don't, even if I use plenty of vaseline

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I think I read somewhere that vaseline isn't comedogenic but the since it kinda sits there and doesn't let the skin breath it can cause break outs. I'm not too sure about how true that really is.

I use vaseline on my lips. Works good at keeping my lips moisturised but gives me loads of whiteheads around my mouth. Wouldn't want to try it o the rest of my face.

True, true, true! That stuff worked great for a while, but using it so often throughout the day, I started getting bumps on the corners of my mouth. I stopped and am using aquaphor instead. It still has petrolatum but not 100% as vaseline does and it's recommended by dermatologists. Says so on the package.