Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just started my 3rd month of accutane and my nose has been REALLY dry...it always feels like theres somehting there but its usually a very dry piece of dead skin and every time i blow my nose i see blood. What do u guys use to moisturize ur nose? I havent had an actual nose bleed yet, but ive never had one in my life so thats not a surprise.

ant, i hear ya! the past 2 months, i feel like I have a hard boogie in my nose every second, and it's really just cuts inside my nose scabbing. so nasty. a couple nights i tried putting neosporin on a qtip up my nose, but, um, didn't work out well. so, i'm basically no help, but you're not alone!

You really can't make it normal short of discontinuing your treatment. You can make it a bit more comfortable though. Put some Aquaphor or Vaseline on a qtips and use it to swab the interior nasal surfaces.

Warning: the following paragraph is really gross!

If you have a nose full of crusty bloody boogers then get them out of there first. The easiest and most effective way that i found to accomplish this was to snort some warm water up my nose to soften them and stimulate some mucus production, then blow my nose. Sometimes i had to repeat this a couple times before i got it clear. Then the Aquaphor or Vaseline up there morning and night helped a lot.