Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vicky83

TCA cross regimen

What topical regimen do you use during your TCA cross treatments?

Is the "do nothing" regimen best for healing? or do u recommend things like neosporin, copper peptides, retin-a, rose hip oil, emu oil, etc, for the whole month in between crosses?

thank u for any advices!!

Mine reg after cross is...

Neo after frosting until scabs form.

Nothing while scabs are present.

Emu oil after scabs fall off at night for a couple of weeks.

Wash and exfoliate as usual until the next cross.

Z

Why apply anything additional? the median age in the cross studies was 32, nothing but the antibiotic ointment was applied until scabbing. If you add anything else you could risk screwing up or hampering the process, right?

Why apply anything additional? the median age in the cross studies was 32, nothing but the antibiotic ointment was applied until scabbing. If you add anything else you could risk screwing up or hampering the process, right?

Emu oil just aids in healing so it doesn't hamper the process at all.

I'm assuming jojoba oil would do the same as emu for the healing thing? (can't use emu, i'm a vegetarian)

is hyaluronic acid good to use on the skin?

It's a pretty good moisturizer, very light and non-greasy. It isn't moisturizing enough on its own for me, so I mix it with my regular moisturizer.

I don't quite understand why it is considered important to use HA after CROSS .... maybe someone else can answer that?

i read how it is useless to apply to the skin and others live by it...i am confused too.

i am wondering if i shuold just put on rose hip oil or this hyaluronic acid?

i read how it is useless to apply to the skin and others live by it...i am confused too.

Can't answer that. But if you click on the Diana Yvonne link in my signature ... that's a site with many interesting products, and the SkinCare board there is full of very interesting information. I suggest doing a little reading.

I have no clue why, but in the Korean study, it said they applied HA serum right after the cross treatment is administered, so I do the same. It's only a one-time deal, though. It might just serve to help the acid absorb and keep the water it's dissolved in from evaporating or otherwise leaving the skin.

Anyway, I just use neosporin until scabs form, then cleanse and moisturize normally after that. I do use a moisturizer with EGF and glycolic acid, but I have no idea if that aids in healing. At this point I mostly use it because it's an awesome moisturizer and because it's the same stuff Reilly was using and she seemed to have the most successful cross.

To anyone,

If I do a whole face CROSS treatment on a Friday, can I go back to work the following Monday without raising any kind of suspicion?

Thanks

To anyone,

If I do a whole face CROSS treatment on a Friday, can I go back to work the following Monday without raising any kind of suspicion?

Thanks

I would say yes but you might need to spot the scabs that have formed with makeup. i just did my first cross and the scabs are small and makes the scar raise up so actually i think its easier to cover them then before lol. Good luck with everything!

pc101....depends on the size of your scars and the strength of the acid.

icepickscars123....it's really best if you can not to put anything on while the scabs are on. It tends to make them come off quicker(course sometimes we have to :)

To anyone,

Thanks

Based on my experience this past week, I would say no ... you could still have a bunch of the ugly black scabs, and they are practically impossible to hide. Give yourself an extra day or two as a buffer. I don't think you don't want to be under time pressure in this situation ... you don't want to be tempted to pull scabs off early, cuz you really need to leave them alone.

I accidentally knocked a couple of my scabs off too early, and they were quite red underneath and have since scabbed up a second time ... meanwhile, all the others are coming along nicely and are practically invisible now. (I did my CROSS on Monday of this week .... but I only treated tiny, tiny pits.)

I so want to try this! But I have a huge fear I'll mess up....are there any videos out there with the process up close, step by step?

The Korean journal article I read said that "After CROSS, an ointment-based antibiotic instead of an occlusive dressing was applied for moisturizing effect, but this application was discontinued after crust formation in order to avoid the risk of detaching the crust. One to 2 weeks after CROSS, a moisturizer sunscreen cream consisting of .05% tretinoin, 5% hydroquinone, and a hydrobase was used in some patients for a minimum of 4 weeks."

I didn't notice anything about hyaluronic acid in this article. I agree that Reilly's results were fantastic. Like Feminina_Mala_Est, I purchased some of the moisturizer that she used, but I keep putting off my cross attempt since I'm somewhat scared to try. Good luck to all of you who are currently "CROSS"ing!

dance