Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

twice this week ive walked home from school in the morning after looking in the mirror. cold long walks home, with only my cigarettes as company. And when I get home I sleep... for hours. This troubles me the most, Im not remotely tired yet Ill sleep in jeans/sneakers through an entire day if I wanted to. Dreaming of wonderful things and relationships I'll never happen, that are so much better than my nightmare reality. Because I dont know what went wrong with my reality. All the problems of my face, they dont go away, and dont even dare say im over-reacting. Im supposed to go to a prom tomorrow. Im not in good shape. I dont want to be freddykeugarface, or mask (im sorry guys). I was a very handsome guy not that long ago, and I never stayed home because of my appearance, or generally felt too bad about it. My house, my bed, depress and frighten me. But I cant go out in public. But I have to..

IMO Maybe there's nothing wrong with you, you're probably just going through a phase, one that hopefully pass soon. Whatever you do, please go to your prom and at least try to have fun. People are too busy worrying about themselves to worry about you. Btw you're very handsome :cool::wub: .

Coughdrop you seem like your concentrating on your flaws and not paying much attension to all your good assets, I'm sure some people would kill to be in your position as as you addimiited yourself you are very good looking, which I just happen to agree with :wub:. Why not try making the most out of what you've got, for example, maybe go to the gym and work on your body maybe taking your mind off your skin. And don't forget acne isn't forever, and theres always accutane ;)

Chin up chap! :D

i hate to do this but im gonna post a picture soon to settle these misconceptions about me being handsome

well it aint just acne sweetheart its scars from god knows wat and bumps from dermatits that make me look like a burn victim, and a rash from scrubbing by my mouth. and skins pale for some reason

twice this week ive walked home from school in the morning after looking in the mirror. cold long walks home, with only my cigarettes as company. And when I get home I sleep... for hours. This troubles me the most, Im not remotely tired yet Ill sleep in jeans/sneakers through an entire day if I wanted to. Dreaming of wonderful things and relationships I'll never happen, that are so much better than my nightmare reality. Because I dont know what went wrong with my reality. All the problems of my face, they dont go away, and dont even dare say im over-reacting. Im supposed to go to a prom tomorrow. Im not in good shape. I dont want to be freddykeugarface, or mask (im sorry guys). I was a very handsome guy not that long ago, and I never stayed home because of my appearance, or generally felt too bad about it. My house, my bed, depress and frighten me. But I cant go out in public. But I have to..

You seem like a great guy, I know its hard but try to stay positive. There may not be a lot of good things going on in your life right now, but I know there are some. Hold on to these with all your might and slowly but surely your pain will subside in time. BTW what treatments have you tried.

dude, i doubt theres any 'words' than can comfort u if ur feelin low, but i hope it jus helps to know that ur not the only one who feels like this. I know this mite sound lame, but i try and focus on little good things that happen, rather on the scary entirety of life. It's quite comforting.

hey i always thought you were in your twenties for some reason...your av maybe...

good luck tho mate

:) if only the owner of the liquor store by me thought the same thing

You've been going through a ton of stress recently - and that is going to get you down, mentally, emotionally and physically. Maybe your body isn't tired, but your mind and heart ARE. That's going to affect you in a big physical way.

Be kinder to yourself - sometimes the tiny bit of extra paitence we afford ourselves (cuz let's face it, the world is set on GO mode and never slows down, so WE have be the ones to do it) makes all of the difference in the world. It may not help you tommorow, but over the course of a week or two, it does help.

I responded to this already but my comments aren't here!!! Someone is fucking with me, dude....lol.

I think you're hot, scars or not. I think you're just saying all this to make us all feel better? I hope you have fun at prom, maybe get laid.... :pray:

I responded to this already but my comments aren't here!!! Someone is fucking with me, dude....lol.

I think you're hot, scars or not. I think you're just saying all this to make us all feel better? I hope you have fun at prom, maybe get laid.... :pray:

:D i just picked up my tux, and i like it. Ill post some pictures of me in it maybe this weekend

:D i just picked up my tux, and i like it. Ill post some pictures of me in it maybe this weekend

Great News! Can't wait to see them...but are you wearing your signature shades to prom? I think all the females here wanna see your eyes!

I think you look damn kool in ur avator!

Confidence etc is a problem for me, so I cant really give advise but all I know is ur well sound and good looking so dont give up mate :D

Well remember that you are pretty good looking. I've seen guys with a LOT of acne, but because they're good looking anyways, it really does not matter. BUT: Even more important than looks at all (by a lot) is your personality. If you're a jerk to people, nobody will like you, but people really won't care much about your appearance once they get to know you and find out you rock.

I feel the exact same fucking way. My girlfriend is a senior, graduating this year. She has a whole load of crap planned for the event. There is a big dance at her school as well. My only problem...ACNE! I break out on occasion out of nowhere. Usually a few days after I shave. I usually have a few small ones and one big ass pimple in the oddest areas on my face (one below my right eye). It has gotten to the point where I don't know what to do, or how to react anymore. I have grown distant from my friends, feel uncomfortable at school, and especially uncomfortable in public or private with my girlfriend. Her face is perfect. I don't know what to do anymore...I need some help. I did not go to my junior prom because of this shit. The graduation is in two weeks. I need to do something and quick. Any suggestions?

No offense takin lol, but i dont worry as much anymore, my face in the morning is so clear ;)

No offense takin lol, but i dont worry as much anymore, my face in the morning is so clear ;)

Good for you mask!!! Happy to hear it! :dance:

That's kind of how feel now. Before I started broking out like crazy, I was getting out 2 to 3 times a week and really enjoying my life. Now, I nearly never get out of my house, and feel pertubed unless I get drunk wich unfortunuately, makes me break out.

You're not over-reacting...BUT I think the dreaming of wonderful things & relationships you don't think will ever happen is a sad thought to have. I've read some of your stuff & you seem to be intelligent...thoughtful...& kind. So keep dreaming of wonderful things cuz I'm betting you'll get there...It can't rain all the time, but if we didn't ever have dark clouds, how would we appreciate the sun? :)

i can relate to you 100%, except my skin has been looking way better (though far from perfect, just on my cheeks right now).

i can't stop thinking about someone and even though I'm getting about 9 or 10 hours of sleep at night, i want more. and when I listen to certain music and think about that person, the feeling intensifies and makes me feel even worse.

but as P.L.U.R. says, it can't rain all the time....

hopefully not...

well at least you know your good looking without acne and when your acne goes you will feel that way again, acne makes you look so ugly when you look in the mirror but you dont look as bad to other people as you do to yourself when you concentrate on every inperfection on your face. And as for the relationship thing why would you not be able to have one? I dont understand when people say acne stops them having relationships becuase i had a year long relationship when i had severe acne, during the relationship i went on roaccutane because my skin was awful but she didnt care about my skin. It was only when my skin cleared up she dumped me lol :clap:

I would also reccomend you read this http://www.acne.org/acne-dysmorphia.html

well at least you know your good looking without acne and when your acne goes you will feel that way again, acne makes you look so ugly when you look in the mirror but you dont look as bad to other people as you do to yourself when you concentrate on every inperfection on your face. And as for the relationship thing why would you not be able to have one? I dont understand when people say acne stops them having relationships becuase i had a year long relationship when i had severe acne, during the relationship i went on roaccutane because my skin was awful but she didnt care about my skin. It was only when my skin cleared up she dumped me lol :clap:

I would also reccomend you read this http://www.acne.org/acne-dysmorphia.html

People who don't care about it seem few and far between. I'm serial dating now, because I decided to start approaching the whole thing as a numbers game...increasing my chances of finding a good guy among all the shallow ones out there! That's my strategy.