Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PJS

I have high hopes, even though I'm breaking out

i've been using Dan's regimen for about a week and a half now (switched from using Stridex maximum strength salicylic acid pads). and i believe it will work soon. so far i've gotten redder and broken out (especially this morning). i have gradually been increasing the amount i put on. moisturizes suck because they make my face extremly oily (but clean & clear oil absorbing sheets can help that at times) but i have to use it or i'll be too dry and itchy. i use clean & clear morning glow in the morning and cetaphil at night. just thought i'd share my experiences with the regimen so far. i really think it's gonna work and i'm not gonna give up on it unless it's like 3 months with no results, but i know it'll work! it has to...

I'm pretty much where you are!! Been doing it for 2 weeks and 2 days! Mine cleared up totally in like the beggining of the secondish week but have had another breakout now, but people have said thats normal. As you say though it just has to work!!!!!! Damn it it will work....for both of us....(or else..)

Yep, a lot of people still experience breouts until they are quite far into the regimen (some up to 3 months) but if you stick with it things shouls definitely start to look up! Also for your oil insted of using blotting sheets, apparantly cigrette rolling papers are more effective and much cheaper, so you could give those a go! :)

i wonder what my mom will think when i come home with some rolling paper, lol! well thanks for the replies everyone.

I had intense breakouts when I was just a short time into the regimen. But afterwards, about 2.5 months into it my face went almost entirely clear.

I had intense breakouts when I was just a short time into the regimen. But afterwards, about 2.5 months into it my face went almost entirely clear.

I personally never had that breakout that people talked about...my face only suffered from a tanned look (which was odd as it was only March and the sun had never even thought of coming up yet in BC) but as soon as I drifted off the regimen and experimented with different products...BOOM breakout on my nose. Bad deal :naughty: . Just be patient, get clear, and then cautiously change around the regimen one product at a time. -_-

i've been using Dan's regimen for about a week and a half now (switched from using Stridex maximum strength salicylic acid pads). and i believe it will work soon. so far i've gotten redder and broken out (especially this morning). i have gradually been increasing the amount i put on. moisturizes suck because they make my face extremly oily (but clean & clear oil absorbing sheets can help that at times) but i have to use it or i'll be too dry and itchy. i use clean & clear morning glow in the morning and cetaphil at night. just thought i'd share my experiences with the regimen so far. i really think it's gonna work and i'm not gonna give up on it unless it's like 3 months with no results, but i know it'll work! it has to...

DEFINITELY stick with it. I have been on the regimen about two weeks now and my face has improved drastically. I still have the occasional zit here or there but nothing to bad. It will definitely work if you stick with it and do not mess with the regimen. GOOD LUCK!