Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mikka

Vinegar worked for me

Ladies and gents

Just thought I'd pop back in to provide some of my experience with bacne, I'm now bacne free after a long struggle, and the secret to getting rid of it was vinegar, undiluted on the back before I took a shower, rub it in to exfoliate the skin on my back.

This worked for me, I went from having 8-12 large nasty spots that would take weeks to go, by which time there'd be new ones - to zero spots on my back, it also had the effect of removing the pigmentation left by the old spots which my girlfriend used to refer to as scars but which weren't, so my back is now clear and remarkably scar and hyperpigmentation free, all from simple vinegar.

I used undiluted rice wine vinegar (only because it was the only one I could find in the supermarket one day and it worked so I've stuck with it, I'm sure all other vinegars work as well). I find now that I only have to apply it once every couple of weeks as opposed to daily when I first started.

For me its just a relief to know that I found a cure that didn't involve pills, doctors, or expensive topicals - I've tried all of those and none of them worked but vinegar did.

Give it a shot, it really cant hurt.

All the best.

M.

Ladies and gents

Just thought I'd pop back in to provide some of my experience with bacne, I'm now bacne free after a long struggle, and the secret to getting rid of it was vinegar, undiluted on the back before I took a shower, rub it in to exfoliate the skin on my back.

This worked for me, I went from having 8-12 large nasty spots that would take weeks to go, by which time there'd be new ones - to zero spots on my back, it also had the effect of removing the pigmentation left by the old spots which my girlfriend used to refer to as scars but which weren't, so my back is now clear and remarkably scar and hyperpigmentation free, all from simple vinegar.

I used undiluted rice wine vinegar (only because it was the only one I could find in the supermarket one day and it worked so I've stuck with it, I'm sure all other vinegars work as well). I find now that I only have to apply it once every couple of weeks as opposed to daily when I first started.

For me its just a relief to know that I found a cure that didn't involve pills, doctors, or expensive topicals - I've tried all of those and none of them worked but vinegar did.

All the best.

M.

Effin A dude. That's awesome!! How many showers did you take in one day? And how long did you leave the vinegar on before you got in and showered? What did you wash off with(soap?brush)?

And does it work for ya face? :D

It would depend on your skin type, I personally dont use it on my face but then again the regimen cleared up my acne, I only get spots now when I get too lazy to keep up the daily BP application.

There was no exact routine with the vinegar - at the beginning I combined it with Tea Tree Oil ( a natural antiseptic) and rubbed it in quite hard to create an exfoliating effect (bear in mind that I have naturally oily tough skin). I applied it before showering so that I wouldn't smell afterwards. I didn't change anything else in my normal routine ( shampoo, soap etc all the same) - new spots basically stopped appearing straight away and I had terrible hyperpigmentation and it was pretty much gone in a month to 6 weeks. From bad bacne to clear skin in 8 weeks, amazed me, especially give that it only cost a few dollars.

All the best guys.

M.

When you started this did you put it on once a day or twice a day?

I tried to just then, found it to stink like anything and was hard to apply, seemed to sink in as soon as I applyed it and had no time to rub it in and exfoliate, ended up using alot.

how long did u keep it on for before u took a shower

I'll try to answer some of the questions in one go.

I showered once a day - used the vinegar before I got in the shower.

You dont have to use Rice Wine Vinegar - I believe any vinegar would work.

My back is generally pretty oily so maybe that's why I dont need to use too much but I find that I just splash a bit on my hands and then rub it into the skin until I feel the top layer of skin coming off then I splash smoe more on and apply it again and leave it for a while before I shower it off.

You get used to the smell after a while.

All the best

M.